Sunday, May 9, 2010

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world" ~ Anonymous

Happy Mothers Day to all you beautiful mothers, grandmothers, god mothers, mother-in-laws, etc. You make the world go round and ensure that all little noses are wiped..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers" ~ Proverbs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So if you haven't figured it out yet I am a little smitten with my mom. She is pretty much the best person around. Not only is she a great mom to me and my brother, she is also a wonderful Grandmother (Gaga) to Chaz and a fantastic Mother-in-law to Ryan. I have been blessed to have her for 32 years. It all began in 1978... what is funny is besides the height of the hair she look the same 32 years later... Love her!!!
and she is probably so wonderful because of this lady right here.. Yep, that is my wonderful Meme (holding a VERY cute baby) She is pretty amazing as well. Although when I was little she would make me close the door 100 times (seriously 100 times!!) when I would slam it, she is one of the most wonderful people in this world.
Isn't she the cutest? This was taken at her 80th birthday a few years back, yet she can still run circles around me..
and this goober is why I have the most awesome job in the world--Mommy to Chaz. We were 19 and freshly dating. This is how we "got" each other :)
after 6 years of marriage and 8 years of dating.. I was on my way to the wonderful world of mommy hood. I was immediately willing to do anything for him. I was eating better, walking all.the.time! I don't think I bought myself much while I was pregnant (or sense) because I wanted to spend everything on Chaz.
I didn't mind gaining pregnancy weight. Actually (and some may shoot me for this but...) I LOVED being pregnant. I really had nothing to complain about. Now I will say there were some bad times---the "olive" incident at Easter, I was sick for days! the leg cramps, these would bring me to tears at 3am! the lack of sleep, God's little way to get me ready for what was about to come!
My only "real" fear of being pregnant was that my belly button would pop out. Not sure why but this was a BIG fear of mine but it was.. So much so that I made sure my preggo pictures were taken in my 8th month.. I guess I thought the odds increased after 9 months.. well it never did pop out but I did get some great pictures
did I mention I didn't mind gaining the weight? Yeah, this was the weekend before Chaz was born..hello cheeks! and then the day.. the day my world changed.. *tear* I now cannot imagine my life without him. He is the most wonderful little person ever made. He makes me a good person, he makes me more selfless, he make me smile, he makes me cry, he just makes me..me.

If I could I would hold his hand every day of my life..
He made my mom a grandmother..
Four generations. WOW!
I love him so much that I didn't mind getting my picture taken when I had not slept in days (seriously..days!!)

He made my meme a great-grandmother ......again :)
He made my mother-in-law a grandmother.....again He made me want to stay home on New Years Eve to share the time with my two favorite people.. and plan his feedings so he was up at midnight for a kiss..
He makes me want to kiss him every moment I am awake...and sometimes in my sleep..
He made me want to stay home on my 30th birthday (original plan was Vegas) and go to ChuckECheese..
He makes me want to smush he sweet baby face..
He makes us want to take him everywhere we go.. we travel in 3s.
Yep, he makes me want to kiss him every moment I am awake
He makes me act like a kid again.
He makes me love naps...and wear matching pants :)
He loves us even if we dress him up like a fool.. along with ourselves...for a Ugly Sweater Holiday party.
He loves me even though I subject him to silly traditions........that terrify him!
He makes me feel loved when he pulls at my pants and says "up, I hold you"
He makes me not care about hot, sweaty, no-makeup pictures..... as long as I am with him
He makes my heart melt! (yes, I wrote it silly!)
He makes me brave.. and has me do things I would never do.. a la' petting a baby lion cub.
riding a camel...
riding an elephant...
He (along with his other cousins) makes grandparents very happy.
He makes me frustrated sometimes but I would never sell him..
Did I mention he makes me act like a kid.. often!
He make me sniffle when I see how big he is getting!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I would love to be the ideal mom, but I am to busy raising my kid" ~ unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Above all he makes me smile, he makes me live, he makes me laugh, he makes me happy!
Thank you sweet boy for being you.. and making me .. me..

Happy mothers day to all the mommies out there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a little "funny" to get you smiling!


Position: Mom, Mommy, Momma, Ma

Job Description: Long term,
team players are needed for challenging,
permanent work in an often chaotic
environment. Candidates must possess
excellent communication and
organizational skills and be willing to work
cairable hours, which will
includes evening and weekends and frequent 24 hour
shifts on call. Extensive
courier duties also required.

Responsibilities: The rest of your
life. Must be willing to be hated, at
least temporarily,until someone needs
$5. Must be willing to bite tongue
repeatedly. Also, must possess the
physical stamina of a pack mule and be able
to go from zero to 60mph in
thress seconds flat in case, this time, the screams
from the backyard are
not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face
stimulating technical
challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysterioulsy
sluggish toilets and
stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain
calendars and
coordinate production of multiple homework projects. Must have
ability to
plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and
mental
outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable on minutes, and
embarrassment
the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of all
half
million cheap, plastic toys, and battery operated devices. Must
always
hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final,
complete accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities
also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the
facility

Possiblity for advnacement & promotion: None.
Your job is to
remain in the same position for years, without complaining,
constantly
retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge
can ultimately
surpass you

Previous unexperience: None required
unfortunately. On-the-job training
offered on a continually exhausting
basis.

Wages and compensation: Get
this! You pay them! Offering
frequent raises and bonuses. A Balloon payment is
due when they turn 18
because of the assumption that college will help them
become financially
independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left.
The oddest thing
about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it
and wish you
could only do more.

Benefits: While no health or detal insurance,
no pension, no tuition
reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options
are offered; this job
supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth,
unconditional love and
free hugs and kisses for life if you play your cards
right.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your Mother, Grandmother, and Mother-in-law!! The pictures are so special and sweet! You are indeed a wonderful and loving mother to Chaz....nothing more touching than the mother-son relationship!! I have been blessed to experience it twice....Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! I love looking through old pictures - it's my favorite. I could easily spend a whole day just browsing through family pics. Happy Mama's Day - your little guy is lucky to have someone like you :)

    ReplyDelete