Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Grandfathers are for teaching, loving and fixing things" ~ Unknown

So a few weekends ago Ryan and I took off to Dallas for a little R&R (and furniture shopping) My wonderful parents offered to keep Chaz... they are sent from heaven!! Dad was so excited to be able to take Chaz fishing. He had him all pumped up with talks of buying a fishing pole and going to the airport lake to fish........unfortunately it rained (hard) for 2 full days... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so what did they do?? well you can't very well disappoint the 2 year old and tell him rain=no fishing pole.. so you head out and by it anyways... and teach him the skills in the house until the rain clears up....look at that form!
Oh yeah and what 2 year old doesn't need a sweet kiddo tackle box???
more life skills of fishing...in the house..
and when the rain let up they went digging in the backyard dirt for worms.. per my mom, Chaz thought this was the coolest thing.. he wasn't scared at all and liked to hold them..

and he headed off with his little bucket of worms..
Then the rain cleared up (for a short period anyways) and they were off for some Papa/Chaz bonding.. with Gaga behind the lens of course. He was very very interested in what Papa was doing.. and he asked a TON of questions..
I love this because I remember my Grandma (dad's mom) teaching us grandkids to fish .. although I wasn't a fan of baiting or removing the fish, I could cast a line and reel in a fish!
As you will notice there is a Backyard Burger bag next to him.. Mom said he would pick up a worm, then pick up a fry and eat it.... I am just glad he didn't get confused ......or at least that is the story told by my parents...
Precious!!!
and then the add mind of a 2 year old sets in..... no fish? waiting for more than 30 seconds? I'm done...
Sweetness! He adores his Papa!
Oh and to add a little bit of excitement ..... there was a snake in the water..Chaz thought it was cool, my mom not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment