Friday, May 7, 2010

Take me out to the ballgame!!.

So I am ashamed to say it took until the first of May for us to make it to a Razorback baseball game.. Honestly, just thinking about taking Chaz to a ballgame gave me MAJOR anxiety. All I would think of was chasing him around for 4 hours.. no fun! and might I add that he is fast so it would not only be no fun but also exhausting. However, last Sunday I reluctantly agreed to take him ---he was a full fledge 2 1/2 year old ball of energy and rain was in the forecast, yet somehow my husband convinced me to go....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz was fully decked out in the "baseball" attire. He was insistent that he wear ALL razorback gear, from hat to shirt to jacket to pants to socks to the chair..everything... and he is still wearing hats (YEAH!!) He immediately set up camp.
and grabbed my People magazine ..*yes I am that girl who brings a magazine to the baseball game. We sit in the outfield and I can rarely see the game.. don't judge


We sat right next to a picnic table so Chaz figured out quickly that if he stood on the table he could see the game.. He would dance to the intro music, yell at the players "go football players, no baseball players!" and call the Hogs!!
and then he stole my sunflower seeds.. and proceeded to eat them hull and all. Now, let me tell you...he is a VERY picky eater yet when he ate the seeds (and hulls) he turns to me and says "momma I really like dees" Seriously?? I can't get him to eat PB&J, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.. but the entire sunflower seed is good?


yep still munchin' on them...gross..

now if you read the RedWhite game post you will know that he only likes BigRed from a far.. so here is the picture he made me take of him from a far.. as soon as BigRed began to turn in our direction Chaz bolted under my chair.. yes, under my chair with his head buried on the ground..

So as you probably know each time a player is up to bat they play and "intro song" kinda like when boxers are going to enter the ring.. Well I can't remember who came out but his song was "Brass Monkey" (one of my favorites by the way) Anyways this group of guys in front of us starts dancing with one arm in the air........I look to my left and see this...

He knows he is cute!

and then chaos.... the popcorn ended up on the ground and the bucket on his head.. oh well he was having fun and the popcorn wasn't very good anyways!
And then it was time to CALL.THOSE.HOGS!!! No couching was necessary.. he loves to call the hogs!
HA! I just realized how funny this picture looks.. no, Chaz has not grown to be the tallest 2 year old .. he is standing on the table..
The game was over and Izzy mentioned that we needed to pack up.. I look over and see this.....
I asked him what he was doing ... he shot me a "stupid" look and said "I packin' up!" Well duh mom what did you think he was doing????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then we went home to play in the backyard.. without pants of course...
So yes I know it is a booty pic but is there anything cuter! HA!
So after the beginning of this post I must tell you that I was WRONG! Chaz was the most perfect kid at the game. I could not have asked for anything better. He stayed withing our little area, never ran around, went to the potty when we asked him to, no whining... Yep, perfect! I think I could actually go back without the massive amount of hesitation I usually have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment