Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day activities

So I did the sweet sentimental post of Mother's day but did not do the "activities" post.. Before I begin I must confess.....I have no pictures of myself, my mom or my mother in law.. I 100% blame this on my husband.. Sorry honey but sometimes you need to grab the camera.. usually I don't care because after all the kiddos are cuter than me.. but Mother's day?? (this would also ring true for Christmas, my birthday and any of our children's birthdays in the future... just in case you needed to know)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, now that I have abused my husband in my blog we can move on to the pleasant activities. Below is the beautiful vase and flowers. I fell in love with this vase a month or so back but never made it to the store to buy it.. Way to listen Chaz (and Ryan :)

We began Mother's day at my parents... as usual we do mornings at my parents and evenings at the in laws. It works well. I promise we were not as boring as the looks on these kids faces would lead you to believe...
I mean seriously?? Kelsey is the youngest above Chaz so I can see where the girls want to do everything for him but I think he is taking advantage..
I did get a picture of this precious lady.. my meme.. Chaz wanted to help her open her gifts.. aka open them for her and then tell her about them..
After our festivities we traveled to the Hills. The kids were rather calm (usually it is insanity with all these little ones) I wonder if they recognized that a new baby, Campbell, was in the house and they needed to be quite. I love this picture. What would only make it better is if Ben was propped up on the back of the couch as well. Oh well, I can settle for this little gem.
Chaz pretty much thinks Mike hung the moon.. just sayin'
Of course once I started snapping pictures all the kiddos wanted me to take theirs and show them on the digi screen.. Baby Ben with pink boots! Meghan said he literally wore them all day..
and crazy Chazman
And Anna..
Ok so here is the story behind this one.. we let the kiddos go out in the backyard and play. As Meg and I were rounding up the "cats" for dinner heard Ben and Brandon in the side yard giggling.. all of the sudden they came running around the corner. Brandon had both sets of their khaki pants in his hand and Ben had managed to get his boots back on (as I mentioned above he wanted those boots on at all times! It was very funny! I wish I would have had my camera in hand when they came around the corner... grins ear to ear!
Sweet boy!
Meg and new baby Campbell (please disregard the beer in the background just focus on the cute new baby :)
and then after hand washing we were brave enough to introduce Campbell, at close proximity, to the little ones.. Anna was first to hold her. You will quickly notice that my sweet little boy could not keep his hands off of her. He was very loving and sweet but could not resist touching her every second.
what a sweet big cousin!
Yeah so there come those hands again.. he seriously could not help himself.
Who's hands are those?? hmmm. One guess!
And then he finally got his turn (note: total time lapse was maybe 5 minutes.. he was so anxious it probably felt like 5 hours to him) Look at that sweet little girl. I think this was the first time I saw her open her eyes and she was 4 days old!
Chaz prefers to call Campbell "baby animal" he means it in the sweetest way. He just can't quite say Campbell yet. He says "I wub baby animal" "I want to kiss baby animal"
and after the sweet moment was done we went back to normal. I step into the bathroom for a moment and when I return I see this.. The dads thought it would be a great idea to put Chaz and Jackson in Mikes Tshirt.. It was funny for about 3 seconds and then they were mad and wanted out..
and then... . madness!! All the kiddos attacked Mike. Good stuff!
Hands down one of the best pictures of the night.. Check out Mike's face! Ha! Sucker punched by your nephew!
Although you didn't see all the "moms" I think you can tell that it was a good Mother's day. After all it is the kiddos that made us mothers, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment