Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Friends are the sunshine of life." ~John Hay

Another year of fun. Fletcher turned 4 on the 5th of May.. What a joy this little bit has been.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the day he was born.. Click here for the hilarious story of that day! Through the first year of growing..... (some of my favorites)

Next thing we knew he was 1!
Then 2!! WOW 3!! And now he is 4 and a HUGE part of our lives. He is Chaz's best friend and "big brother" they act just like they are brothers.. you know.. fight and argue when they are together but then cry when one has to leave.. There was much debate about this 4th birthday party.. and being the "aunt" I was involved from the beginning.. Should it be Little Gym, ChuckECheese, etc.. Well this is the year that he is old enough to invite all his little pals from school so it quickly became something to really think about.. after much debate I decided to offer a venue.. our backyard. Heck why not?!? There would only be a few more little ones than a standard Hill family dinner.. I will say I had a bit of a panic attack Friday morning when the forecast was calling for rain ALL.DAY.LONG! but then like a message from God above 11:30 the sky opened up and the sun came shining down!! AND it did not rain until late that night. How? How did I get so lucky??... the scary alternative was 20ish little kids in my house, with cake, energy, sugar highs, AGH!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Batman was the theme.. The "controlled chaos" as I quickly tagged it was set.. Yes this is our backyard, nothing rented and only a few ride on toys from Fletcher's house.. it was may ham! Hill boys in full force!! Chaz yelling for Fletcher to come drive him.. I was not aware that I had a little Miss Daisy..
did I mention he was 4? we had a wee bit of a pouting session in the yard. Who knows why.. again 4
but then that "brother" thing kicks in and Chaz had to go make sure Fletcher was ok...
Stuntmen...

When Sally yelled cake and the kids literally stopped what they were doing and hightailed it up the hill.
oh did I mention they act like brothers?? notice the scowl on Fletcher's face because Chaz wanted to sit by him.. HA!

and now we know why.. seriously my kid is the biggest bully when it comes to blowing out candles.. I think he just thinks it is so funny that he cannot contain himself! The sheer terror on Fletcher's face makes me giggle and cringe all at the same time. This poor kiddo probably thought "yep, that is it. I will never get to blow out another candle. This little 2 year old just spoiled my entire birthday party"
but wait.. there was more fire.. Of course we re lit the candle so Fletch could blow it out.. (forgive the blurry pic.. I think I was laughing at all the antics going on around me)
and my lovely mom stepped in to help schelp out the ice cream..



So there was a sweet little girl at the party named Adalynn (sp) When I sat her cake down her mom turned to me and said. I bet she only eats the icing.. She was right. Look at this perfection! Surgical like precision.. not a lick of cake was touched.. just the icing..
and then it was present time..
and who elected Izzy to keep track of the gifts????.. He tried very hard to keep up .. remember that when the thank you cards come out :)
and after the sugar high the kids decided to roll down the hill... This was after all the school kids had already gone home..
and Chaz couldn't figure out if Fletcher was hurt or having fun.. Good news is it was the latter!
So then they all (Jackson, Chaz and Fletcher) started running down the hill. Needless to say we had a face plant *notice Fletcher air born! No injuries were reported..
then the crazies started dancing on coolers.
and of course the highly contagious activity of climbing on cop cars....It was like a college party! :)
Happy birthday Fletch! We can't wait to celebrate the next one with you....and all the days in between!!

1 comment: