His birthday was all about him, as it should be. So we dressed him up all spiffy-like and headed out on the town.
and by on the town I mean to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. He was quite excited, can't you tell??
He was happy! You would have thought there was a puppy in the box.
After LOTS of running around, cooking, decorating and sweating... it was time for the party!!! Mom and Dad wanted to go ahead and give Dane another gift early. I wasn't sure what it was but I knew it had to be good.
Ricks Bakery early that morning to pickup the little hog smash cake that I had wanted but only to find out that they were closed. I didn't account for his party being on Sunday and was totally devastated. My sweet mom was wonderful enough to recognize that I was sad about the lack of smash cake and went on a little mission. Success!!
We didn't have a structured party but rather just let the kids run around and play. It turned out to be a beautiful day and the kiddos could play outside.
Elsie had a good time running around with all the kiddos and her daddy!
Sweet baby Lilah. Could she be any more beautiful??
Chaz also has one with his name. I LOVE these!!
Gaga reading a card to Dane. He is quite the fan of this sweet lady!
Fun times on Rody! His legs were just a little too short to bounce but soon he would be going crazy on this thing!!
And now for the sappy part of this post. I can say just the same that I do for Chaz, WHAT?!?! He is ONE?!?! Where did the time go? I literally feel like this was yesterday. Boy oh boy what a day THAT was!!! I could not be happier to be a "boymom." Both my boys are so precious and perfect. I remember worrying that I wouldn't have enough love for another baby because I was (still am) infatuated with Chaz. But low and behold, I did! I love this little guy more than I could ever have imagined. He is simply amazing!!
Here are a few of my favs throughout the year..
And if you want to know a bit about him...
- He is a happy, happy baby!! He rarely cries.
- He LOVES his big brother. They are inseparable.
- I nursed him for 7 months, once he started biting... we were done!
- He is still drinking from a bottle. I cold turkey-ed Chaz but Dane was having none of that. This is goal over the next few months, I will break him!
- He only took a paci for about a month, then he was done. Chaz took one for about a week.
- He LOVES his Daddy and his Papa. Almost to the point of infatuation
- He is a BIG eater. He will literally eat anything you put in front of him
- He has quite a few words -- Dog, Momma, Dadda, Cha (Chaz) Bo (Bottle) Mo (Milk) More, GoJaaaa (Good job) Gaga, Papa, Dah, Yeah, Go, Ball, Ky (Kyle) Pike (Spike)Tar (Star)
- He wears 12 month clothes (they are still a little big) and size 4 shoe.
- His foot is thick and fat. Cuteness!!
- He is known as the aggressor at school.When he wants something, he goes and gets it. I gotta think this will help later in life.
- He doesn't mind having his nails clipped. He just sits in my lap and lets me do it.
- He loves to take showers.
- He is FAST! He is a runner.
- He started walking a few days before he turned 11 months old. Just like his brother.
- He is easy to make laugh. He is quite giggly.
- He weighs 19lbs
- He has six teeth. Four on top, two on the bottom.
- We flipped his car seat to front facing on his birthday. He LOVES to be like his brother!
- He loves to play with his Daddy's cell phone.
- He can work the photo slide of a smart phone.
- His favorite thing in the world is his lovey. It kind looks like this. Actually, it was Chaz's and he wanted nothing to do with it. Dane found it when he was little and they have been attached ever since. I was lucky enough to find a second one in the blanket basket so I am able to switch them out and wash them ever few days. He loves it, it is adorably cute!
- He is CONSTANTLY moving. ALWAYS!! The one time he sat still, that I can remember, was when he was sick.
- He is my sicker kiddo. He has had a number of ear infections, 2 double ruptured eardrums, a nasty stomach bug, a skin rash, wicked diaper rash, an eye infection and a couple of colds.
- He goes to bed at 7:15 and usually wakes up around 7. This is IF he sleeps through the night.
- He is a terrible, terrible sleeper. It was great up until the ruptured ear drums, after that it was all down hill. Some nights he wakes 2-3 times. I am so lucky to be married to a guy who needs little to no sleep. He is great at getting up with him. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~