We started out with streamers and balloons. I LOVE birthdays and try my best to make them "perfect" without being ridiculous. As long as it is all about them, it is perfect. This little tradition makes him so very happy and he tells us it is special day before he even makes it out of his room.
Did I mention that the Boys and Girls Club has a giant slide? It has been seen in a few other birthday posts but I have to say, it is awesome. And yes, the hubs took the baby down the slide..
The floor was a little wet from all the bigger kids, so the little guy was getting assistance getting from here to there.See, told you, fully clothed. Yet hanging on the wet shower pole outside the pool
My father in-law joining in on the fun. He would push the sprayer and the kids would run back and forth. Hilarious!
Chaz was on cloud nine when he was leaving his party. He was so excited that all his friends and family came out to play and really excited that he was able to bring balloons home. I know, the little things, right??
Last but not least.. a little bit about our guy.
- He is amazing, simply amazing
- He weights 40lbs and is 42" tall
- He loves Legos and works on sets that are 8+ years old with little to no struggles
- He is an awesome older brother to Dane ---but loves to mess with him. Example: Sticking his foot out to "accidentally" trip him, just "happens" to bump into him, wraps in in bear hugs just to tick him off..
- He knows his manners and 99% of the time says please and thank you!
- He is still an awesome artist
- He loves to write and draw
- He can make a mean paper airplane
- He likes to explain things the way a teacher would. Example: show and tell was not bringing a toy but rather showing his entire class the step by step instructions to making a paper airplane. His teacher was VERY impressed
- His favorite show is Arthur. Really, Arthur? Yep.
- He is very good at playing alone.
- He is a terrible eater and will often skip meals. This drives me batty but the doc says he is fine. The majority of his diet consists of chicken bites, strawberries, grapes, pickles, pizza, yogurt, chili, bacon, bread and pancakes.
- His favorite drink is pink lemonade
- He has an amazing memory and will often bring up things he saw or did several years ago.
- He loves going to the dentist and has been in the zero cavity club every time
- He still has a few baby words -- fermember (remember) Mo (milk) Threetoes (Fritos)
- He is very impatient.. if someone is taking longer than he would like he will say "it is taking like an hour!!!!!!!!!!"
- Everything is "last night" when he is telling a story. It could have happened three years ago but his story will always start "Fremember last night when......."
- He also refers to things by the age he thinks he was at the time (most being within the 4 year range) "Fermember when I was four and we......."
- He can ride a bike without training wheels
- He does a mean cartwheel
- His favorite songs are "Call me Maybe" and "Single Ladies" He loves to sing along and does a great job
- He is beast to get to bed but once he is asleep, he is out like a light!
- He goes to bed around 9 (on a night with little to no trouble) and wakes up around 7-7:30
- His best friends from school are Nigel, Derrion and Lucas.
- His favorite color is "darker blue"
- His favorite movie is Cars
- His favorite person is Dane (according to him when I asked this question)
As you can tell he is a pretty phenomenal little guy. He has the kindest heart and loves people from the bottom of it. He is full of life and laughter. I am so blessed to be his momma. He makes our world go round.