Saturday, March 25, 2017

Spring Break // 2017

Spring break 2017.. yep, I am still trailing over a year behind but whatever.

If you don't know, my sweet little grandmother is still kicking at a young age of 90 (technically she is 91 one at this point but again, take yourself back to Spring 2017) and with that, we try to get to see her as often as possible. Life sometimes gets a hold of us and we get super busy but we really do try! And when Spring Break is upon us, we take a little trek to Bville to spend a little time with her. The boys love every minute of it. She is pretty spectacular but they do love this bike too :)
And Karlee got her ride too!
If you know Dane, you know he LOVES his hats. He is so much like both of my grandfathers in this way. He even tosses them up just to "land as they may" like my Daddy's dad did. And has a bajillion just like my Momma's dad did. Well, before leaving, Meme pulled out a handmade hat rack that a very good friend made for my Papa when he was still around. She decided Dane needed to have it. This was so very special. Dane is still little and doesn't quite get it but he will.
We were having a cousin sleepover so we all decided that the good trade off point for pickup and drop off would be a trip to Gator Golf. We added in one of Dane's BFFs too. Yes, this is where I get called insane. But I do love every minute of these kiddos!!
And this is what it looked like at Gator Golf. My SILs were along to help with the insanity! It was a blast! I mean, what could possibly go wrong with 11 kids 11 and under?!?!
Well, they could get a little silly.
But then it was time to get serious and get our golf on!

And Jack took that to heart. Hole in 1 on the first hole.... I kid you not!! Dane was a little upset that he couldn't do the same. BAHA! Let the drama begin!
He was so proud and we HAD to get a picture for his Momma!
Davis didn't really want to play by the rules. He just wanted to collect all the balls and move as fast as possible!
We sent the big boys on their way. They can manage themselves, right?
The girls were sweet enough to hang back and play with the littles! *note: I was in no way in charge of my little guy's outfit on this day. It is Spring Break, I pick my battles.
It was HOT. They were SWEATY. But they were having a blast!
Where oh where did it go?!?!
Hello there, friend!
And why wouldn't we go for snow cones after wards??! Look.at.those.faces!!!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I believe they had a good time!

And the hilarious text between me and the hubs. He loves kids but he has his limits!
And a bunch of the crazy came home and we added some new ones!!
Yep, they are crazy but so much fun!
This is where I found him in the morning. Crashed. I think we wore him out!
And we decided that wasn't enough so off to SDC we went!! 
What did we not account for? Spring Break traffic. OMG. OMG. It has NEVER been this bad.
I tried to keep smiles on all the faces, including the hubs. He loathes traffic like nobody I have EVER seen before!
DANCE PARTY!
I feel this may be the cover of their first album.
Didn't I say we were on the verge of insanity?!?! Parents' song choice, obviously.

Yes, my hubs is on a business call. Yes, the baby and Jackson are the only ones to play in my reindeer games. Watch Dane's vogue at the end. It is money!
Thanks to Jackson and the hubs for humoring me on this one. Dane and the others were out.
Only Dane could have graduated in 1996.
COMPLETE standstill......................
We have been to SDC countless times and have NEVER parked this far. I mean we were "off campus" as they told us. A bus, not a trolley. A BUS! At least the kids were still laughing as they had to "lap up" and save space.
This one was kinda over it already. I was trying to keep his sanity.
About 3 hours after the initial stand still we were on the bus on our way in.....
Finally!! Happiness and we get to go on a ride!
He wasn't happy with our first choice. BAHAHA!
This girl! She is my kind of girl! She will ride anything I ask her. My boys, not so much! I grew up riding coasters, mainly because my brother made me.
Everyone's favorite is the "gun ride" as Dane calls it. I have to admit, I love it too!
BAHAHA!
He was proud!  Pay no attention to the number..... he was proud!
This face. LOVE!!
And there is a real number. Of course, we always claim the one with the highest score got the rigged gun!
The hubs was Campbell's buddy!
Such the cool kid!
They are the only two small enough to ride the kid swings.
Over.it.
The hubs gets roped into the best things. BAHAHAHA!
I can't even with these two. They are the best of friends.
I really do try to get some decent pictures of them from time to time. They just don't play along very well.
They are better for me! Girls, right?!?
The adults did some kid switching action and took our turn riding some rides at the end. The pictures were just awesome!!
Trying to create some roller coaster kids here!
But again, she takes the cake! Anything I asked, she did! Love this girl!
This really sums up this day and these cousins. Some didn't get in because they were just over it. Brandon... probably because he wore SWEATPANTS! I can't even.
I love them and our time together! Such a fantastic day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment