Saturday, March 25, 2017

Checkin' out some animals with friends! // Gentry Safari // 2017

When you plan a trip to the Gentry Safari, you check the weather. When there is is only one day you can go, you ignore the drop in temp and 50% chance of rain.
And I am so glad we did because it was beautiful and we had a blast!! This was our first encounter. He kinda creeped me out.
But, of course, Courtney decided to pet him. She is nicer than I am. All I could think about was this thing pecking my eyes out in front of my children.
Babies are adorable!
Evie is like her momma! Animal lover!
Oh this pig!
I really didn't expect this kid to pet the pig but he was all about it!
And feed the goat. Note, his daddy is VERY close so he is brave!
Mac and Chaz loved the Kangaroos!
I mean, he was pretty stinkin' cute!
And they were all pretty lazy.
These kiddos were so much fun!!
Snakes. I.just.can't. And his little brother refused to even enter the building with the snakes!
He did like the turtles. BUT only after Miss Courtney showed him it was ok to touch them!
My fav.
This one cracks me up. Look at Mac trying to extend Dane's arm to reach the giraffe. Not happening, kid. That is a LONG stretch!
And this pretty much went over like a lead balloon
She just didn't understand why my baby didn't want to love on her. I think his dad shoving a giraffe in his face was frowned upon.
My sweet little animal lover.
Monkeys!
And turtles!
And this is what happens when you end up in the store while the other people are going potty. *note the very happy small child. Eyeroll*
But this. THIS is gold! Thanks for humoring me, boys!
I don't even know...
And then we all crammed in the van and went on the drive-thru part. Chaz and Mac decided to double up in Dane's seat. Weirdos.
And these are the faces of two boys when the ostrich tries to come in your window. BAHAHA!!
This boy only wanted his momma's lap. And he was nice enough to take a normal selfie with me. *eyeroll*
And then Evie decided she wanted up front in my lap too. Ok, I will take ya!! Again with the awesome faces. We really were having the BEST time!
This makes me giggle. I am not sure why but it does.
Just waiting for the eye-pecking to start.
And let's take bets on me getting a group selfie. Just take some time to giggle at this nonsense! Notice all the laughter. If only these had sound!
Taking a call and feeding an emu... just a normal day.
They look a little skittish.
Sweet animal lovers.
Emus and lots and lots of giggles!
This boy. He wasn't quite sure what to think.
She LOVED us!
And this. THE BEST!! Not only do I NEVER get this kid smiling but smiling AND a selfie?!?! Winning!!
Mac migrated to his momma....and the camel.
And just because.. This face!
L.O.V.E.
She really loved us!!
And this is Evie begging to take our new friend home!
Take two. I just wanted a cute one! Success!!
I heart this!
Back being lap friends!
Sunroof smiles!!
I am rolling.. these faces are AMAZING!!
This was their favorite part. I know, I know. We were breaking the rules. No opening windows. No kids out the sunroof. Blah, Blah, Blah.
And my lady friends!!
Oh, I guess I failed to mention the scratch on his face. He jumped into a brush pile at my parents. Tons of Mederma but it is still going to leave a scar. Battle scars.
My world.
He loved the rhino. Probably because it was behind this gate but still.
He wanted one with the rhino in the background. Not our best but we were having fun!
There she is! THIS is what we were waiting on and pointing at. The elusive hippo. Did you know  hippos can hold their breath for 5 minutes?!?! Yes, I googled it.
I think we are losing him. I think he is getting bored.
and he is just silly.
Back for the emu.
This boy has my heart. 
This guy came up from nowhere....
and he hit the floor. BAHAHAHA!
These little guys are so cute!!
And about 10 minutes out of the park.. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
SUCH a fantastic day with some wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment