Friday, March 17, 2017

Cow Paddy Run // 2017

Cow Paddy Run... mercy.

Let me start over. Cow Paddy Run.... WHOOO!  Trust me, this story could really just tell itself but... humor me.   So Chaz's nurse and PE coach reached out to us and said we should sign up for this run because Chaz was a great runner. Ok, sure. I go online, sign up and call it good.

Fast forward a month or so and it was time!

He was excited, his best friends were running, it was beautiful outside, all was well.....
 Pause. When did he get so big?? Bless him. He has my heart!
 And his buds. This crew has really grown up together. They are great friends and so supportive of each other! Love them so much!!
 And the crew with Roman's big brother! Love this!
 He was ready, SO ready!!!
 And the medals were SO adorable! Who wouldn't want to win this?!?!
 There were some other cuties there too! All the friends, all the smiles.
 And the little sister for the winning photobomb!!
 Getting ready!
 These two were there too! Yes, some superheros came along too! Oh and whomever was in charge of cowbells should be fired. Oh my ears!
 This face.
 All.the.faces.
 Still waiting. See the dude in yellow shorts? He is mine.
 How cute is Dash the Cow!?!? He is adorable!
 Still waiting.. Still.
 Still hanging with the cowbell. Ugh. Cowbells.
 And they are off!!
 Easton in green shorts. Meyer in red shirt. Roman in green shirt. Chaz is behind Roman.
 There is my bud!
**
**
 So I see this. He is hustlin' and this is the last I see of him until he circles back around. Stay tuned!
 Watching and waiting.
 He is a little excited and weird.
 and STINKIN' adorable!!
 And here they come! Meyer leading it up. Not surprising, he is fast!
 Easton! The second is my fav. That face!!
**
 And here comes Chaz. This is the point. The point where the pictures could tell their own story. The point where my momma heart sinks to "OMG, what is he doing? What is wrong with him? Why are his hands out all weird? Why isn't he running like normal?"
 Better? Maybe...
 Nope. What is that face? Is he crying? Did he get hurt? Did that runners poop thing we all hear about happen???? Do I yell "are you ok?" or "Suck it up" (While I am standing here taking pictures 😆)
**
 Is he going to puke?? Who knows. I really had no clue what to think at this point. Well, nothing but OMG.
 But he made it. He did it! I am proud. Did I mention that we totally forgot to train him? Yeah, that may have been part of the problem. He is used to sprinting from base to base, not long runs. And come to find out, he had to pee REALLY bad and was afraid it was "about to happen" Oh the joys of motherhood!
 Sorry, Roman. I didn't get many of you. *note drama above* I will do better next time.
**
 After a much needed bathroom break, he was all smiles! HA! This kid!
 And for the 5K, some of my favorite girls!
 Sweet girls and the cute cow.
 He even wanted to give a quick high five!
 Even with all that mess, he came in 10th in his age bracket!
 And 15th overall! I am pretty proud.
 Back to my 5k girls!
**
****
**
 More cowbell. Ugh.
 And the best nurse on the planet! We love Nurse Jacki!
**
 And these goobers decided to run a little more!
 More Aven! Love this girl!
 The hubs had to go find these two. Did I mention the hubs doesn't run? Especially in dress shoes.

Obviously there was a wee bit of drama in the middle but we will certainly do it again! I love these kids! SO fun!





 **Photos with watermark from Ironside photography**

No comments:

Post a Comment