Tuesday, August 10, 2010

July randomness...

The randomness post is probably one of my favorites of the month... This one is short but they are always a fav...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this month was another one with some milestones... We went to our first movie at the theater with Chaz.. Of course we saw Toy Story 3.. What else would we see?!?!?! Chaz was fantastic! We went for a late Sunday afternoon movie, got there about 5 minutes before the movie was to start and were left with very few spots to choose from.. In my defense I thought "We need to get there as close to the start so he doesn't act up" I had good intentions... Ryan was at the snack bar getting treats while Chaz and I went in to find a seat... Well our options were beyond limited.. Front row (3 seats left) or very back row (2 seats left) literally that was it! Well I knew better than to choose the back row with 2 seats...All I could think is the wrath of Ryan telling me "we paid for 3 seats. Why don't we have three seats?!?!" So I stood there, with my 2 year old in tow and nowhere to sit....waiting on Ryan to come and save me.. Alas, there was my knight in shining armor, wondering why we didn't have a seat .. And at that very moment we see two familiar faces we had met at the Stigge's shower the day before. They had an extra seat next to them and were sweet enough to give us theirs and take the two in the back row. 3 seats = Problem solved! The rest of the movie was great.. Chaz sat and watched with full intent the entire movie. We only had one minor incident of a spill of Sprite in his shoe, a little cry and a quick trip to clean it up.. All was well. So below you will see my attempt to capture this moment in time.. I decided to laminate our first movie tickets.... BAD IDEA!! When they went through the laminater and came out black I almost cried.. Oh well, in the trash they went and off to the next memory we went...
The next weekend we took our bikes on the Fayetteville trail. It was hotter than blue blazes but we all had a great time! This is Chaz getting ready to go.
This month we discovered the joys of painting with water.. Chaz loves it because he is painting and I love it because there is no mess. YEAH!!I don't think I have blogged about the next thing but it is a BIG thing to me. At mom and dad's house dad has HUGE banana plants. He actually transplanted them from Richmond when they moved back a few years ago. Well the plants duplicate like hostas and this year dad promised to give me two. Every time we go to mom and dad's Chaz points to our plants and says "momma dat is yours and dat is mine, we take dem to our house!" One morning (early!!) my dad shows up with our two plants. Of course chaz wanted to be there to help. What a great helper!
They will grow to be huge! I love them!!!We also moved him into a big bed.. and by big I mean BIG. It is a double. Not sure I remember it being this big when we bought the conversion kit.. Which by the way did not fit so for over 3 weeks he slept on the mattress on the floor.. poor kid!another bit of randomness.. Chaz has a HUGE imagination. So one night he tells me "momma we got to get all the toys and put in Manny's truck" I just sat back and watched as he took almost every toy out of the toy box....took them over to my favorite chair and proceeded to pile them up....
the final result.. I was not "allowed" to touch them until after he went to bed..
Oh, so remember when I said he slept on the mattress for a few weeks?? Yeah, well some days he wanted to sleep on the floor in the PotteryBarn sleeping bag that Gaga got him, ok I am cool with that.. But this is what happens when Daddy leaves the light on when putting him to bed.. Books everywhere, stuffed animals everywhere, chair turned backwards, sleeping bag in a ball (that is the light green thing) and the boy asleep on the floor.. Welcome to almost 3!
Happy July everyone! Can't wait for random August!!

No comments:

Post a Comment