Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My life, My love, My best friend....

Yep, you got it....Ryan...Where do I even start? We we met back in '98. We were in college at the UofA... and yes, I met him through my ex boyfriend. He is absolutely the best thing to ever come into my life... Yes, we look like we were twelve.. This was our first trip together, Spring Break 1998, Panama City, FL. We stayed in this very "interesting" hotel. It was circa de 1978.. another one from the same year.. Seriously we look like we are not a day over 12!
I think I earned major points by being one of three girls on the Mardi Gras rugby trip in 99. AND I was the ONLY one who went out to Bourbon street. Memories to last a lifetime and yes I remember it :) I was with five guys and made them all wear silly purple and yellow jester hats so I could see them through the crowd. Ryan made me wear a whistle in case I got lost..
He has ALWAYS been hilarious!!
and made sure I got to go some fun places.. (Cabo 2000)
We survived yet another Madri Gras in 2001...
The spring break before we got married we went on what we called the "Tour de Arkansas" We stayed in a friends cabin in the woods for a few day and the rest of the week in Hot Springs. It was one of our favorite trips. Doesn't take much money to have fun, just two silly people who enjoy each others company!
and then August 11, 2001 we got married in my parents backyard at my childhood home. Priceless location, Priceless man and tons of great memories..
The year after my Papa passed away I "kidnapped" my hubby (also a Cubs fan) on his birthday and took him to Wrigley field. More bonus points! Ryan always told him he would make it to Wrigley one day!
He know I LOVE the beach and makes sure I get there at least once a year!
and then life was about to change... Who knew that in this picture (taken at a bar) we were already preggers with our sweet little bambino?!?!? Uh, not me!On our 6th wedding anniversary my sweet husband had planned a nice trip to KC (I couldn't go far because I was 1000 months pregnant) but under doctors orders we could not go further than Tulsa... Ryan was happy because we got to go to the zoo. It was 105 degrees but I was a trooper and made it through the entire zoo (with 12- 32 oz bottles of water, literally)
He still loved me when I was HUGE! (and oddly sitting on a turtle :) and then he gave me the greatest gift of all. .Our little bit Chaz He is a FANTASTIC father who is always a ball of fun!!!
We have made it through building a house... not a argument one...
Chaz below..."breaking" groundevery once an a while we get to go out and be grown ups......but majority of the time we would rather just hang with the kiddo...He is a little "odd" but I still love him...He is a little crazy, but Chaz loves every minute of it!
A boy could not ask for a more wonderful, caring and loving father..
He has given everything he possibly can to this family and for that I am eternally grateful...Oh, and he taught Chaz to call the Hogs.. which really solidifies all emotion above .. He always makes sure we are having a blast!and Chaz is protected.... Ryan~ I love you to the moon and back. You are my live, my love and my best friend. I honestly couldn't imagine life without you. Even if we are a little wacky and we might pick on each other a little to much. You make my life fun, complete, exciting, whole, scary, loving.... You make me complete! Thank you for everything you do (especially putting up with me) Happy 9th Anniversary honey!!

3 comments:

  1. THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE...i AM BAWLING RIGHT NOW....YOU GUYS HAVE THAT SPECIAL KIND OF LOVE....AND THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU APPRECIATE IT...I LOVE YOU COUSIN!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. You two have made so many great memories together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing at the picture of you sitting on a turtle. I'm sentimental like that...

    Congrats you guys. Chaz has a couple of great parents.

    ReplyDelete