Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Papa = wonderful, influential, classic, wonderful man

So this is one of my happiest and saddest blogs in a while... My Papa.. He would have been 85 today. We lost him to cancer 5 years ago. It seems like a blur to me. I think from the time he was diagnosed to the time I was able to soak it in ....he was gone. I think about him daily. I miss him daily. Although he was never able to meet Chaz on this earth I feel like he is with us everyday.. watching him grow, watching us live.... That is the sad part...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest about him makes me smile.. He was unique to say the least. He could be brass, abrupt and short but that was him and we all loved every bit of it. He was truly one of a kind. He was there at the hospital the day I was born.. I spent almost every summer at his house in west Texas. He taught me how to catch Horny toads, how to climb a tree, how to play dominoes, to love the Cowboys and the Cubbies (even if they are not doing so well), that you never yelled out the answer to Wheel-of-Fortune (but he always could) and how to bring him a beer from the shack, remembering every time that you must open it before handing it off :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One of my first days home (with my cousin Michelle)
The grand kids piled up on his lap..
With my sweet little meme at my wedding in '01. Yes, he was a man who could sport suspenders..
and another at our wedding. He loved Ryan so much!
Papa you are missed and thought of everyday. You were a bright spot in our lives and those memories will always be cherished.. We can't fill your shoes but know we are taking care of Meme and she is happy and well. Keystone cheers to you Papa. See you on the other side..

No comments:

Post a Comment