Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Babies, Babies and more babies!!!

So, I cannot even count how many friends, family, co-workers, etc are having babies this year.. it is literally insane!! My little man is so very lucky to have all the kiddos coming into his life, it gives him more people to boss around :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, on this day we were able to throw a shower for my sweet friends Shawn and Christy and there soon-to-be new arrival Elsie. I totally ripped this picture off their Facebook, it is so stinkin' adorable I just couldn't help it! We have been friends with these two for many, many years. I was HUGE preggers when they got married and was always hopeful they would bring Chaz a playmate.. well they did one better, he gets a girlfriend!!! And with the looks of these two you know she is going to be just absolutely precious!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Of course I HAD to make a diaper cake. I really do just love making these things....and it becomes a challenge for me to find interesting things to make them personalized to each person and their new bundle of joy.. The sad thing is that I have to tell the moms to undo it quickly because there are newborn diapers in there.. Maybe next time I will bump it up to a size 2 so they can keep it longer :)
and we did the clothesline in my kitchen window...
the cupcakes were absolutely hilarious!! I could not look at them without giggling...
We all almost melted because it was so hot but we decided to sit outside anyways (after the sun went behind the trees) and open gifts. Shawn "practicing" with a stuffed animal..
The parents to be!
This is a very cool idea that Christy's sister-in-law came up with.... She decorated a hoop with Elsie's initial, ribbon, the invitation, decorative paper for people to write a note and when the cards were opened we punched a hole at the top and put them on the hook. SUPER cute!!
The guest of honor (in her mommy's belly) and all the hostess..
Congrats to you two! I know you will be wonderful parents to this sweet little bundle of joy. And remember Aunt T and Uncle R are always right up the road if you need a helping hand..

No comments:

Post a Comment