Friday, June 4, 2010

I hope you dance

I took a few days off work to enjoy the long holiday weekend.. it was wonderful to spend time with the family, swim at Gaga and Papa's, have a birthday party for the Hubby......and get to see my sweet niece in her dance recital! You see these things are usually at 6pm... so on a normal, working day it is impossible for me to make it to them.. I would have to get off work, pick Chaz up from school, go home to transition to one car, wrangle the boys, bust through traffic and make it to Bentonville by 6pm.. not happening! But this time was different I was off work, so literally the only thing on my calendar was this sweet little girl's recital.. I am SO happy I was able to make it!! and we even got there with enough time to goof off! (note: Ben is actually behind Chaz but the only thing you can see is his yellow sleeve)
Mike and Ryan are two peas in a pod.. They decided to waste some "pre-recital" time with goofy antics.. and then it was time.. time to see about 10 four year olds dance.. Oh my was I in for a treat. My sister-in-law pretexted this event with the note that last year's recital was AWFUL! Not because of the kids but because they made the 3 year old class go last. WHAT?!?! Do these people have children?? who would make 3 year olds go last?? Anyways, her group was second.. and that was a good thing because we were able to bail out to dinner right after she went!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That is her (second from the right) I know you can't see her very well but they wouldn't let us use flash and we were quite a ways back..
This is her "washing" her knees.. I know you can't really see it but she has showed this to me SO many times that I just had to get a picture!
like herding cats..
BRAVO!! That is her in front with the pink belt and her little knee bent...CUTE!!!
Brave teachers! Look at all those little bits!
and of course Chaz had to give her a hug "Good job on your ecital Anna!"

It was wonderful to be able to go to Anna's recital. I hope I am able to make it to more of these! She was so proud of herself, as was I. If you haven't figured it out yet.......I heart this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment