Saturday, April 22, 2017

Fastest Kid in Fayetteville // 2017

So, I heard about the Fastest Kid in Fayetteville through the school. Chaz's gym teacher encouraged me to sign him up. He was super excited about it, until day of. It was FREEZING... seriously raining and sleeting when it was about 80 a few days prior. Typical Arkansas weather for ya.

SO, needless to say, this kiddo was NOT happy with me. I think he words were something like "Why would you do this to me if the weather was so nasty?!?!?!"  Ummmmm. Long convo about how you can't predict the weather and you are going to run..

This was about 10 minutes before the race. Good Lord.
He pulled it together and decided he was going to do it and do good! But he was still mad at me for my "poor planning"  *eyeroll*
There he is... freezing with the rest of the kids and refusing to remove his sweatshirt until the last minute.
He was a ball of fun too. I mean, what have I done to this day.
At least he shot me this one.
Sweatshirt has been removed. I am sure he was really happy at this point!
Lane 1 is ready to go!!
I have to admit.. it is kinda cool to see your kid's name on this board! So many amazing athletes have graced this field!
And he is off!!
My proud momma heart may have just exploded!
So proud! Note: the kid above him, won the entire age group!
Chaz got 9th! I am so proud! He is fast but certainly no where near a trained runner. He knows how to sprint from base to base. HAHA!
It didn't start off well but certainly ended great!! I am so proud of this boy for just sucking it up and doing what he needed to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment