Saturday, April 29, 2017

Basketball // Chaz // Happy Hollow // 2017

We did something crazy this year... we signed Chaz up for a new sport. He decided he really wanted to play basketball. WHAT?!?!  Ok, sure. Why not? We have free time. BAHAHA!

I honestly HATE basketball. When he told me he wanted to play I got an immediate headache from the sound of squeaky shoes in my head. Did I say I hated it? I loathe it. LOATHE!! But, he wanted to play, so here I am.

I didn't take many pictures throughout the season because I was trying to keep up. I know little to nothing about basketball. Football and baseball, all day long, but basketball, nope.  There he is. Our little #2.
This guy was less than interested so he stacked his cars up next to Meme and played.
The best part is he is paired up with kids at his school so it ended up being all his buddies! He really had the best time!

Hanging with Meme after the game. Can I just stop for a second and tell you how amazingly blessed we are to have my grandmother.. yep, MINE... their GREAT grandmother, around to watch my kids grow up?!?! She comes to so many of their activities. I just hope they know how special this is as well. Most kids don't get this blessing.
The crew.
These kids are something special. By the end of the year, we were a player down, but they took it in stride and played their hearts out!

I still can't believe he decided to play basketball. I think he knows it isn't his best sport but he gives it his all, like most things he does, and for that, I am beyond proud!!
After the final game, we took a few home with us but made a stop at IHOP beforehand. I love that these kids are friends as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment