Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's my bday.. well was my Bday...

So again, not many photos because of the whole camera miss hap.. but I will say 32 (yes 32!!) was a good birthday. It started out with me getting these absolutely BEAUTIFUL flowers from my parents.. trust me the pictures do no do them justice. Then on Saturday night we gathered a group of family and friends (and 7 children under the age of 4!) and went to Damn Goode Pies. Ryan was so good and went down early to reserve a room. I do not understand why nobody does reservations! Mom and I talked about it on the way there and if I ruled the world you could make reservations.. and you had to be there within 15 minutes of your reservation OR the restaurant could charge your credit card (you would have to give this to reserve) $100 and give up your table. #1 it would make people be on time #2 it will make restaurants more organized for large groups. Perfect world right? Anyways it was a great time! (no pictures... same excuse)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next weekend we went to my parents house for a birthday party (my dad, brother and Lisa were not able to make it in the previous weekend) In my family we celebrate birthday's in lumps.. the more you can lump together the better.. So when my birthday rolls around we lump in my Uncle Gayle's (which in in January) and my cousin in law Stephen's (which is 4 days after mine)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think he is so smiley because he know he is about to get to blow out candles.. no real interest in the cake or pie.. but candles? He loves blowing out candles!
and he had to help with everybody's candles. See we may lump birthdays but usually everyone gets their choice of cakes, pies, etc.. Below with Uncle Gayle
Then Stephen's
Then mine.. My overall goal was to 1) make sure he didn't accidentally spit on the cake 2) make sure he didn't touch the candles "der hot mommy!" 3) make sure he didn't sneak a taste before we could sing.. I failed at the last one.
What a great birthday. I loved spending it with my family and friends.. and above all my fantastic little man!!!

Although my husband constantly points out that I am older than him (by 3 months..) I love having birthdays. The alternative is much worse and birthdays give you a reason to come together, eat good food and drink good drinks!!

1 comment:

  1. That last pic of you two is cute cute CUTE! Frame that one, Mama.

    ReplyDelete