Tuesday, August 30, 2016

15th Anniversary // Cabo // 2016

Well, some said we wouldn't make it, but we certainly did! It hasn't always been glitter and rainbows but I will say, I believe this has been one of our best years yet! I am honestly so proud of us for what we have accomplished and the life we have made for ourselves and our sweet little rugrats!

Fifteen years, y'all, FIFTEEN!!!
We were babies. Seriously, babies!
And I guess when you have been together as long as we have, you buy the same card. Yep, total accident. And no, we don't do sappy cards. We do funny cards and then write the sappy stuff ourselves.
A little night out to my favorite steak house in NWA. I am pretty sure I could drink the bearnaise sauce. SO good!!
And then, we decided to head to Cabo for vacation! We had a ton of help shuffling the kiddos for a few school days and the weekend. I couldn't do it without my tribe!
We came to Cabo the Spring before we were married but unfortunately, haven't been back until now. I forget how amazing the landscape is in Cabo!
The ride was a little bumpy (as you can tell from the blur) but I was able to relax with one of my favorite brews.
He is always like a little kid. He was pointing out everything and making friends with the people on the shuttle.
Simply beautiful!
So this was in our room. It was a little off but "Mr and Mrs Hill Lee" is us! HAHA! Also, you will soon see the majority of the peeps on the birthday list became friends we made and have kept to this day!
This is the view from our room! So pretty!
By the time we got settled, we were STARVING! The hubs got some chicken wings and, because he was on his phone, I decided to try and scare him with ketchup! Yep, he is scared of ketchup. Goofball.
And sometimes you end up with the chef's hat!
Remember those friends? Yep, these are my girls! We met them on day one and hung out with them the entire vacation! Love my California girls!!

This is something awesome to wake up to!
And this is not a bad way to spend a Friday!
Although we didn't really hang at the beach as the waves were beyond intense, we did walk down to see the ocean.
The hubs and some other friends took to some beach volleyball! I didn't. I am beyond short and volleyball doesn't agree with me.
I stayed up on the deck and watched!
They were sure a mess. Seriously, covered in black sand.
So beautiful at night!
This was the swim out pool below our balcony. It was so pretty at night!
More friends! We don't really vacation alone. We LOVE to meet new people!
One day we decided to rent a jeep and go to town to do some shopping and exploring.


Fun times with my love!
This was an amazing look out spot!
Again from our balcony! Ahhhhhhh!
Life.is.good. The best part about this picture is second after it was taken, the door to the balcony next to us opened and we realized our friends we had been hanging with all week, were right.next.door. WHAT?!?! So we popped our complimentary champagne and said a cheers to being obviously to that fact for four days!😂
More fun with friends!
Stupid human tricks. BAHAHA!! (Oh and yes, the hubs is wearing tennis shoes with dress pants. We didn't know about a few of the restaurants policies... pants and close toed shoes! So we bought some pants in town and paired them with tennis shoes. Whatever!)
Beautiful morning!
And the pool was nothing short of amazing. This is really where we spent most of our time!

My girl, Sammy!
Last night with these amazing friends required sombreros!
These people are priceless!! Happy birthdays to our new friends!!
I am not sure HOW they got hairnets but they did. Seriously, goobers.
 And the bartender invited the hubs behind the bar to try his hand. We discovered, he was pretty terrible. HAHA!
BUT people love him! He actually made tips! 😁
Before we ever left for Cabo, I decided I wanted to plan something really fun and totally out of my comfort zone. If you know me, you know I am terrified of heights.... so, zip lining it is!


This is the before shot. I was SO nervous!
This is the crew! There was such a mix of people and personalities!
And we were off!
Yep, totally nervous. It is a lot higher and faster than you think!
The next one you had to go upside down. I guess they are trying to shake the fear out of you. Note, this dude has zero fear!
But this girl had a ton of fear.
And this. Oddly, THIS was the most terrifying part of the entire thing. They made us go with our partner, which is usually cool, so with every balance break of his, my balance would get broken too. It was SO scary.
I am grinning through my fear here. This part was not fun. I was dog cussing him by the end because he was being silly on purpose and my legs were jello.
This is the moment I was pretty positive I was not going to live. My legs refused to work. It was terrifying!!
But we did survive and right after my jello legs hit the next platform they were making us rock climb. I decided to go for the ladder because of my legs but I quickly realized that was not the smartest idea as you had to rework your line and switch ladders half way up. Ugh. Whose idea was this anyways?!?!

And this. Ryan leaps, they had to push me. This explains our personalities to a tee!
Couple zip line. By this point, I was actually having fun. The people who run this are awesome! I will say, there is a TON of hiking attached to this day. You have to keep hiking up to get to the next line. It isn't for the weak and we had a few who bailed out.
Only a few repelled down, the rest of us hiked around.
The guides LOVED the hubs as he would do any and everything.
And then the grand finale. This is what they call the "Superman."  You get up to 60 MPH and travel over 4,000 feet. It is intense but absolutely AWESOME!! These are just portions of the full videos, FYI. It was so much more than what is shown here!  After the Superman, we rode the doom buggies through the dirt track, complete with bandanas over our faces. So fun!
And that was it. Back to the hotel to clean up and head to our last dinner.

One more beautiful sunset!
And then this wonderful restaurant for a delicious dinner!
Happy Anniversary, honey! You make life so much fun! I couldn't think of doing this life with anyone else!
We had an amazing time and can't wait to do it again! Peace out, Cabo! We are headed home to see our babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment