Wednesday, April 13, 2011

First bike ride of the season....

I won't drag you back through the multiple "cabin fever" posts of the winter. But I will remind you it was rough, very rough. It is April and just now nice enough to get outside. Even then you still have to watch the weather to make sure the temp didn't drop 30-40 degrees from the day before. With that said... give these Hills a day when our trusty weatherman said 75-80 degrees and we are outside!!!

We started the morning with donuts (a norm these days) and then it was time to get ready for a bike ride. I told Chaz to go get his tennis shoes. When I went to his room to see what was taking so long, this is what I found.. Hmmmmmm. He told me it was warm outside so he needed to wear flip flops. Hmmmmmmm. All I was thinking was "How am I going to get out of this one......" I didn't have to say a word. As soon as he stood up, Chaz figured out why people don't wear socks with flip flops....Not only does it look terrible, it is uncomfortable! He said "Momma, do we wear socks with flip flops? NOOOOOOOOO!"
And then it was time to go! We were a little nervous because this year he has a big boy bike and we thought he might want to ride it.. That would make for a VERY long bike ride. When we told him he was riding in the cart he said "Ok, let's go!" Sweet!!! (and notice we made it into tennis shoes) You may also notice Chaz is wearing his elbow and knee pads.. Hmmmmm. Try convincing this little guy that pads and a helmet are not necessary in a cart. Not happening. We rode the trail down to Dickson and grabbed lunch outside at Jose's. It was a beautiful day!
When we got back to the car, Chaz's only concern was to take the flag off the cart and make sure it made it in the car. He is very, very protective of this flag. Within minutes of pulling out of the parking lot, he was out. Which clearly equals success in my "momma book."

No comments:

Post a Comment