Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Hills...

So if you were not already aware the Hill children like to have children. Currently there are 7 grandkids with #8 & 9 on the way in May!! After Anna we had a streak of boys.. Chaz, Jackson, Ben & Brandon.. but now it is time for a few girls. My sister in law Michelle is due at the end of April with a little girl (she had Sydney and Brady) and Marcy will have Campbell on May6th (scheduled C-Section) Soooo of course we had to throw a shower.. even if it was a little bit of an excuse to by girl stuff! (Marcy's sister and best friend also have boys.. I am tellin' ya! Lots of boys!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I am a wee bit proud of this one but it is the diaper cake I made. I literally spent a day off on this bad boy. AND I LOVE IT!! Campbell's nursery has these sweet little "tweetie birds" and I found the "topper" at Old Navy. It is a tiny little T-Shirt. There was one, tiny, little shirt on a rack in the back of the outlet store in Branson. I knew it was perfect. So much so that I made Ryan and Chaz stand in line for 15 minutes to check out. Ryan kept saying "really? Do we really need this?" "Yes, Yes we do!"
here is a look at Campbell's bedding.. now you get it?!?! YES! That precious little shirt was a must!and crafty Katy made this little canvas.. which was adorable!
she also made the cute little trees.. These pictures do not do them justice. They were absolutely adorable.
and the classic Petit Fours..
I was SO excited when I found grapefruit. I figured it would be out of season but I realllllllyy wanted it for the vases. Loved it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So my mother in law will probably kill me for telling this story but it is just too classic not to share (love you Mah!!) Anyways about 20 minutes before the shower was to start Anita (Marcy's sister) and I were in the kitchen working on flowers, food, etc.. All the sudden we both turn around and say "Is something on fire?!?" Anita opens the oven and like out of a girly comedy movie the smoke comes bellowing out of the oven and there is a small fire in the back. Anita goes flying out the back door to find Meghan.. I stayed in the kitchen working on flowers, food, etc.. This was my type A personality.. "no matter what I must get everything done!" Mah comes in and figures .. yes there is a fire.. we try to put it out and were somewhat successful. Anita was trying to fan the smoke out with cookie sheets. Marcy's wonderful mom was there (always a voice of reason) and started taking things out of the oven to take to the sweet neighbor's house to finish cooking. At one point my sweet mother in law turned around and said in a panic "Oh no, we aren't going to have enough food!" Seriously I look around the kitchen and there are 3 fruit trays, 5-6 different other trays, 6-7 casseroles.. I quipped back "nope I am pretty sure we will be ok if we don't have casserole 45 and 46" :) Oh and can I mention that we were experiencing a monsoon outside and people were trying to get stuff out of their cars and looking like drowned rats in the process. My pants were soaked from the monsoon so I asked Ryan to bring me some Khakis and a hair dryer (we were lookin' hot and smelling like a house fire) When Ryan showed up he put a dish towel around his face to filter the smoke and went to work, before you knew it the fire was out and the smoke was beginning to clear out. And yes, this wasn't just a-little-smoke-in-the-kitchen but rather house-fire-smoke-that-makes-you-cough-so-much-you-have-to-go-outside-in-order-not-to-puke. Good stuff! We had sent Chaz and Anna to the backroom in order to shield them from the smoke. Anna was scared and crying, poor baby. Mah's makeup had basically melted off her face. The khakis Ryan brought me were actually the pants I paint in.. no bueno. Around shower time all was well, the smoke -and chaos had cleared! I had to tell you this story because I seriously pictured Diane Keaton, Sarah Jessica Parker, and some other famous girly comedy movie people going through that last 20 minutes. It was too good not to share. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long story but Chaz joined us for the shower. He was such a good boy (surrounded by girls!)
Anna was also at the shower and her and Chaz decided to help with the last present. Seriously they refrained from jumping in for a long time!
Sweet babies!
Sidney (my cousin's little girl) also joined the festivities. She is at the age where she wants to "cheese" for the camera and then look at it on the digital screen.
Anna needs a little SISTER (just sayin' Meghan) She was so sweet reading to Sidney
not sure.. but I love this face..
Turner (Katy's new baby boy!) joined us a little later.. He was so precious! He was just shy of one month old. Yes, another boy!And the hostesses and guest of honor... and Turner..

No comments:

Post a Comment