Friday, January 29, 2010

and this is what happens when you ignore a recall....

So..I get a call from Ryan one night that he has run out of gas. Obviously I am very annoyed by this fact but I decide to go get him.. I mean he did have the kid with him :) So I head that way.... I get there (annoyed) and give him the gas can for his car (I won't even go into the struggle it was to get the gas can from behind the fence!?!?! in freezing cold weather) He puts Chaz in my car...SCREAMING.. Why? Well before his brilliant daddy ran out of gas he told him they would go to the bank to get a sucker (they frequently drive through the bank drive thru just to get a sucker.. cute) Anyways back to my story.. SCREAMING 2 year old in the back seat, Daddy putting gas his car and mommy losing all sanity over the current events! So I scramble into the bottom of my purse and thankfully recover a half pack of PEZ. Thank you lord!!!!! 2 year old is contained for the moment and Ryan has gas in his car. I asked him if he wanted me to follow him but he insisted everything was fine.. before pulling away I gave him a heads up that my phone was about to die.. So i pull away--happy to be heading home and happy that chaz is quite in the backseat......not 5 minutes later does my phone ring "my car is dead" UGH! Back to be the knightess in shining armor! I pull up and we jump start his car.. Again I ask if I need to follow him..."nope, all is good!" not so much... He gets home and says.. I wouldn't go in the garage if I were you.... so I did, duh?!?!

to see this.....Exxon Valdez oil spill 2010 in our garage!!!
Yep.. as he was heading down 265 he lost all electrical functions in his car.. the fact that he made it home was a miracle... there was an oil trail down 265, up our hill, through the neighborhood, across the driveway and into the garage..
So the next day I asked Ryan.. how does something like this happen? Did your car just literally explode? I began to feel really bad for being so annoyed of the events of the night before.. that was before I received this answer "well there was a recall a few months back for the oil hose exploding" He said it so nonchalant that I couldn't even respond.. Seriously???!? You get a notice that your oil hose explodes and you don't take the car in? C'mon now!
Thank goodness for AAA. "Free" towing in the morning. AND because the hose was recalled it actually didn't cost us a thing AND they had it fixed that day!!! Who knew such a crappy chain of events could really be no big deal.. We still have some oil to high pressure spray off the driveway/garage floor but other than that.. no big deal!
Chaz wanted to go outside and see the REALLY big truck.. he thought it was so cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment