Saturday, December 21, 2013

Santa // 2013

Santa... This is always a challenge. Will they love him? Will they hate him? Will they run screaming from the building? Who knows?!?!?!

As we always do, we met around 5pm at the mall. The hubs picked up the kiddos, dusted them off from school and met me straight after work. I never really know what I am walking into. Did they have a great day? Was it crappy? Am I in for it??

I got there first so I decided to head on down to the Santa-seeing-area and make my place in line. As I stood there in between two families I quickly realized I looked quite the fool. The family in front of me had two small children.. and the one behind me was a mother with her daughter. All I was thinking is "Oh my, I am standing in line for Santa... by.myself...."  I texted the hubs "Hurry up! I am look like a complete fool standing in line for Santa...alone...I am thirty five.. move it!!" HA! He rounded the corner about 5 minutes later.. Whew.

I turned to the lady behind me and said "LOOK, I have kiddos!"  She quickly replied with "I wasn't thinking you were weird or anything" Yeah, suuuuuuuuuure you weren't... I told her "Well, I guess if I really wanted to sit on Santa's lap, I could.. no judging. We all have wishes"

Anyway, back to the kids. We started like this. Smiles!!
Half smiles!
Yeah.. not so much.. The baby started to have second thoughts.
 This is the final. Chaz kinda looks like he saw a ghost and the baby is petrified. Thanks for holding strong, Santa. You rock!
 And circa 2012... and beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment