Thursday, December 30, 2010

Over the river and through the woods..........

After a fantastic morning with my family, we were off to Mah and Dah's house to celebrate with the Hills. I am sure I don't have to remind you but I will.....we have 6 (Yes, 6!) kiddos 4 and under. Four of those kiddos are boys. Oh my!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mah was wise this year and placed her tree in a different location. She put it in a place that maybe, just maybe, it would survive with all these kiddos. Below is the left side of the living room...and this is right right side. I couldn't ever get everything in the shot. You will soon be able to see the chaos that came with all this wrapping paper. Since there are SO many kiddos in the Hill family we decided many years ago that we would buy for all the kids and grandparents but we would draw names for the siblings (as a couple.) This year we drew Mike and Meghan. I had already had an awesome gift in mind for Mike. I ran across this website a few months back. I crossed my fingers that we would get Mike because he has a love for random dive bar shirts. So much so that every time someone travels we try to find the most obscure dive bar shirt possible. Without any cheating, we drew his name. And he was oh so excited when he opened his gift. GO ME! for Meghan we decided above anything she just needed a break (she is a stay at home mom of 3 --including 2 year-old twin boys) So, we got her a gift card to a swanky local spa... and 3 passed to Boingo Bounce --if you read this blog regularly you will remember this place from Chaz's birthday, it is a indoor area with bouncy houses. We said we would take the kiddos for a few hours while she went for pampering.
and then we came across this... Yep, that is a present to Chaz's imaginary friend Zoe. I honestly could not MAKE that up.
What was it you may ask?? A doll and a stroller. I know. See the thing is, Jackson has a stroller at his house that the kids (including Chaz) LOVE. Jackson actually received this "gift" one afternoon when Cam and him were at Toys R Us. Well, as the story goes, Cameron wasn't able to get Jackson to leave the story without purchasing the pink stroller.
Chaz was so funny, during this present opening he just wanted to hand out gifts or take his out of the packaging to play. Again, we had to coax him by opening some of the present or telling him "I don't think Chaz can open presents" You know, that reverse psychology stuff. It worked about 30% of the time.
I love this one. YOU are able to see his stellar Perry the Platypus shirt, new Transformer and grin from ear to ear. Merry Christmas!! Anna really wanted to hold Campbell but it wasn't really working out for her. Campbell is in the wiggle stage.
I know it doesn't look like it but we really, really tried to keep the wrapping paper under control and in trash bags. Somewhere along the way we got derailed. Obviously.
And then it came, as it always does. All the kids were in pjs, almost ready to go home and in came crazy Uncle Mike Mike. Let the chaos begin!





and this time I even got a video to show you the insanity, words don't really do it justice.

There were no kiddos harmed in the making of this video.


Then when I was trying to get a picture of Anna this happened. Jackson came out of nowhere and attacked! He loves her so much. How stinkin' adorable is this?!?!
As Anna stood like a statue, Jackson tried to pull her away to play. Anna wasn't having it.
The girl stood strong. She really, really wanted me to take a picture of her.
and then Jackson came back for his turn...
One more quick round of wrestling chaos with Uncle Mike Mike.
A fun game of "Smell my feet" with Jackson...
A moment to make my kid look like a Who, it is Christmas by golly.
And we were off to bed. Whew, what a long WONDERFUL day!! I could have not asked for a more superb, delightful, magnificent, love filled, perfect, exciting, magical Christmas. May your days be merry and bright!!!
Merry Christmas ~ The Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment