Tuesday, December 28, 2010

He likes him, he really really likes him!!!

This year we weren't sure what we were going to get when we went to visit Santa. The last few years have been less than stellar. But we had to go, I mean what kind of mother would I be if I didn't take the kid, kicking and screaming, to see Santa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As always we decided to go on a random night of the week so to avoid the mass crowds. When the boys got home from school we did a quick clothes change and jumped in the car. It didn't take long for Chaz to become very agitated with me, well not really me...more his sweater. The soundtrack for the trip to the mall went something like this "I don't like my sweater!!" "Ouchy!!" "Santa said he didn't like my sweater" "I don't want to tell Santa what I want, I already emailed him!!" I was really worried.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we got to the mall Chaz wanted to get in his stroller...Angry 3 year-old wants to be contained in his stroller? Sign me up! He was fine in line, in his stroller, for about 5 minutes. Then he started to breakdown. He was squirming, wanted to leave, wanted to walk around the mall, wanted any and everything BUT to be in line to see Santa. Ryan decided to try and defuse the situation by walking around with him for a few minutes as I stood in line and began to loose what little confidence I had in this Santa trip. When they returned, Chaz jumped into his stroller and waited patiently for his turn.....Could this be?? Was I about to luck out and get the perfect visit to Santa?? I tried not to say anything for fear of jinxing the good behavior that was happening.. Then it was our turn. Chaz rubbed the provided hand sanitizer on his hands (it still cracks me up that they provide hand sanitizer) walked up to Santa (with a grin from ear to ear) Santa gave a high five, low five and a knuckle bump (really?? Santa gives knuckle bumps?? He IS awesome!!) and my little guy jumped right into his lap! YIPPEE!! Happy boy + happy Santa = Happy momma!!
Mark it down 2010 Santa trip was a SUCCESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment