Monday, November 15, 2010

Family photoshoot

My family has not taken professional pictures since this one... Yep, I am 6 months old..
You could toss in this one when I was in 7th grade but I can't very well hang it on my walls. I mean besides the fact that it is almost 20 years old, it may scare Chaz. I mean look at that cardigan/turtleneck combo, or the shoulder pads that could hold books, the perm or that GIANT bow in my hair. All are tragic.
I decided this was the year. The year we would all be photographed TOGETHER! I organized it with a great photographer who photographed us last year with the Hill clan, my brother and his girlfriend came up on a random weekend and we all headed to Rogers one Sunday afternoon to take these pictures. We originally started out with the thought to all wear white shirts and jeans, then changed to different shades of brown and then back to white. I am glad we laded on all white. They really turned out great. AND we had the added bonus of my sweet little Meme!
I believe this is one of my favorite pictures to date. I absolutely love it. So much so.....
that I will share the black and white version with you .. I think Philip from Novo Studios is great. He is very candid in his shots which is right up our alley. Here he thought it would be funny if we tickled Chaz.. So, so cute!He also got some great shots of my brother and his sweet girlfriend Lisa. I love these. If you know my brother, you know he isn't the best at being the center of attention but he was a trooper and the pictures came out great!
and then my parents. I can't tell you how much I love these two. They act like they are high school kids half the time and they have been married almost 44 years. They are inspiring....and they are pretty cute too! and then it was the little man's turn. He didn't really ham it up because we adjusted his nap time this day but he is still cute as pie!
MUSCLES!!!! Goofing off with Papa I love this one! He is a little fond of his Papa and Gaga, to say the least.
and insert my Meme. She is the most adorable little thing. She is 84 years young and just a little spitfire. I absolutely adore her and am so glad I have been lucky enough to be so close with her all my life. This is also one of my favorite pictures. He kind of likes her too!
Random craziness with Daddy!
and then we drove to another location to take pictures. The road leading out there was questionable at best but once we got there it was absolutely beautiful! Chaz was very persistent on getting a picture in this tree. Philip graciously obliged. Another great family shot. Love that Meme and Chaz are goofing off!
The little guy found a leaf and would not let go of it.


at the very end of the shoot Philip laid on the ground with a different lens and asked us all to gather around him. I had seen this shot on his website and was very excited to get one of my own. now shot number two reminds everyone the fun of having a 3 year-old.........Chaz pulled on Ryan's shirt and his snaps came open. Philip was rolling when he discovered he had gotten the shot. Well, that proves you can dress us up and make us look good but we will always have this little bit that keeps us on our toes!!!Philip really did an amazing job. I am so glad we decided to just put a line in the sand and set a date to have these taken. I will cherish them forever.. now I just need to find some space on my walls (if you have been to my house you will understand this predicament!)

No comments:

Post a Comment