Thursday, April 29, 2010

Easter Part 1...

As with every holiday around here we have multiple rounds.. Round 1 is usually the Wright side.. Round 2 is the Hills.. Here is round 1.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz stayed with Gaga and Papa the night before so we could go out with friends. That morning he woke up and play guitar with Papa.. Why wouldn't you wake up and play guitar?

Ryan recently bought a playset for our backyard (post to come) Ryan is a sucker for buying big things--a T-shirt can take him weeks to buy but a car, house or anything over a few hundred dollars SOLD in a second! Below is a shinning example of this behavior.. When Ryan went to buy the playset they had these little houses.. Ryan said if I can get it for $XXX.XX then I will buy it.. Now let me also tell you he is a MASTER of negotiation.. he got it down by $200. Seriously a master!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So Easter weekend we had beautiful weather and Ryan wanted to build the house but I wanted to go to my parents house.. Sooooo Ryan loaded the giant box up into the car and off we went.. My poor dad had no idea what his day would entail.. a FULL day of house building. And of course they had a helper after the "helper" woke up from his nap.. *notice sweet Lisa in the window of the house.. Chaz put he in there and would not let her out.. she is such a trooper!



I have since painted all the white portions red.. it is precious!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then it was time for Easter! The night before Meme and Sandra came over for dinner and we dyed eggs. Of course we stripped him to his diaper.. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Precious kisses to his Meme. He adores her!
Mom was a brave, brave woman and put down a waterproof mat in her house. It was a little to cold to go outside. Chaz was a master of the "egg wand" I was very impressed as I cannot even work those stupid wands..






The results! Notice the broken ones.. Chaz was a wee bit rough with a few. I think they are beautiful! *Proud Momma*
The next morning Chaz was so excited to get in his Easter outfit. He loves to wear ties.. Too cute!
This is the cheesy "Cheese" face he makes.. My type A personality wanted his tie to be perfectly straight but I was not successful. Heck he is 2 give me a break!
I love this picture. He looks like a little business man in this big leather chair.




The Easter basket.. or bucket if you will. Yes, I went a little overboard but he is my only kid so I can.


First sighting of the bucket. He was so excited and asked "is it Christmas, did Santa big dis to me?" Now how the heck can I explain.. "No son, there was a giant bunny that packed up all these goodies for you!" We continued on without addressing the Santa question.

He quickly began digging in the bucket but we quickly noticed he was his mommy's kid and would not keep anything out of the bucket but rather put it all right back in place..

Papa tried to show him that he could take things out and there was more in the bottom.. To which he quipped back "No we have to wait for Christmas to take it out" Oh mercy me!

This look is when he decided to pick up the bucket and go elsewhere. He was not having Papa trying to take things out of this bucket.. How dare he?!?! :)

It literally took 20 minutes for us to convince him he could take the goodies out and it was ok.

The $1 water gun was the hit of the basket.. not the cool Handy Manny book, Mickey Mouse cars, snacks, Mickey ball, train cup, 2nd Manny book, etc, etc, etc.. the gun that was the hit... (notice to sweet farm table in the background!)

Oh and the $1 fan was a hit to.. he doesn't really know how to blow the fan but rather he kind of spits at it. Incredible cute.

and back with the gun. I have really tried to stay away from guns (this is his first) but I figured it was inevitable and this was a WATER gun.. so it couldn't be that bad.. right?



notice Papa's "finger gun" Yes this little $1 toy was a hit!

Finally he found some of the other toys.... Sunglasses and his sweet train cup. he told me this was his coffee.. we don't even drink coffee!

Chaz decided that the "little guy" needed to take Molly outside. Oh and by the way my "little guy" now refers to himself in third person.. not as Chaz but as "the little guy" i.e. "Mommy the Little Guy needs to take Molly outside"
and then it was time.... time to hunt those eggs!! Take notice of the size of this bucket.. this will come in to play a little later!

The duck egg was one of my favorite purchases.. fill it with a bit of money and we have a happy boy!




I wanted a photo with my kiddo on Eater and this is what I got.. notice I have a hold of his arm.. trying to hold him back from egg hunting for a quick photo.. this is the best I got!





The loot... Yes please refer back to that original picture and notice how big this bucket is and imagine how many eggs are in this bucket! OH MY!
after the egg hunt we headed to the front yard to fly the kite. This was an old kite that I had when I was a kid. Chaz thought it was pretty cool. I mean anything he does with his Papa is pretty cool!


LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I cannot believe my little boy is getting so big!
and .... we are back to a "gun" I have created a monster!
and Easter round 1 did its magic.. the boy quickly crashed!

No comments:

Post a Comment