Friday, January 29, 2010

Welcoming the new year with.....SNOW!!

What better way to welcome in the new year then with a couple inches of snow. .. Although we were wimps and never got out and played in it! We were stuck on the hill for a day at the end of the week as there was literally no way out. We love our new house but there are good and bad things that come with living on the hill... Good thing: beautiful view Bad thing: getting stuck in bad weather and then there was this..so embarrassing but I will share anyways..Here goes-- by the time the weekend came we were stir crazy to get out of the house.. so we were driving around one afternoon. I told Ryan to turn back because there were some duck stuck in the icy pond.. Now in my defense it was literally 5 degrees outside.. and I am an animal lover.. So we pull back to see this...
All I could think was "oh those poor ducks stuck in the pond.. are they dead?" again 5 degrees... Anyways I told ryan to get out of the car and go check it out.. Why would I get out in 5 degree weather.. c'mon! He did, because he loves me, and then he laughed and pointed at me.. Yes, fake ducks.. what the heck??? I am sure it is a hunting thing but it really freaked me out that there could have been these poor ducks literally frozen in the pond.. Ryan assured me that real ones would get out.. well I am glad we covered that one..

No comments:

Post a Comment