Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve 09

So I will begin with pictures of our house decor as I realized I never posted them. This is usually one of my favorite things to do however this year I was a little off my game. It is very difficult to decorate a new house, it doesn't feel like everything has a "home" I did however step it up in the tree department. You may not be able to tell from this picture but my tree was gorgeous. I loved the new "netting" ribbon and spray accents. You may also notice a rockin' Big wheel in the picture--that jolly fat man left it for Chaz .. hee hee!
After the Charity tree event I had it in my brain to do a black "razorback" tree. I was told it would take me many moons and a lot of money to find a good one.. not so true my friend! I found a killer deal on an awesome tree. I had a majority of the ornaments as my mom gets me the official ones every year and i tend to pick up one or two others each year. I LOVE this tree!!
And this is my favorite item.. my village. I am pretty much famous for it. My mother in law has given me these since Ryan and I began dating and I absolutely adore them. It was a challenge this year because my space changed. at our last house we put these on top of our entertainment center. However, that piece is now upstairs so didn't want to do it there this year.. Next best thing is our center in the downstairs living room. It is quite a bit smaller so I had to squish the houses/trees/etc.. next year (after getting a few more houses) should be interesting...

This is my dining room table.. The picture doesn't do it much justice. There was much more "stuff" throughout the house but nothing really warranting a picture.
So with that out of the way I will explain our odd way of doing Christmas. We are very lucky in the fact that my parents are in Bentonville and my in laws are in Fayetteville so the travel is kept to a minimum. However that means we have to squish many activities into just a few days. Years back Ryan and I decided to start opening our "Christmas" on Christmas Eve morning at our house. This is really a lazy thing as we don't want to transport everything to someones house and back. Therefore this has continued since Chaz had arrived. My mom is very concerned that we will have to change this soon because Chaz will be concerned that Santa won't find him (I think this is something I said when i was little) We shall cross that bridge when we get there...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so this is what our little muchkin looked like on Christmas eve morning.. we actually had to go wake him up as he slept until 830!! First words when he work up (and the next 10 minutes) "Santa bring me toys?!?!"
These are all of his presents.. once one was opened he had no care to open a new one. He was however very concerned that momma got her presents and daddy got his..
Yep this was the "killer" gift.. The gift that didn't let the others see the light of day.. and honestly the LAST thing we purchased!!! Home Depot outfit! (complete with tools, goggles and a vest!)


This is Chaz opening his card. This is a tradition in my family and one of my favorite things (although Ryan usually forgets to get me a card)
He would NOT take off the goggles and actually had a mark on his head when he finally did!
Helping Momma open her gifts. "Momma Santa bring you toys?!?"
Probably and hour later the second present was open. A very cool- wooden learning block train.
Rockin' the bed head and Santa sock monkey pjs.
Our good friend Adam does glass blowing for a living. I asked for a flower way back when and after many circumstances that lead to me not getting one.. i finally got one! I LOVE it! It is very unique and one of a kind. The picture really doesn't do justice but i couldn't leave it out of the Christmas event pictures!
and my favorite present of the day was this awesome necklace given to me by my wonderful husband. He actually gave it to me sight unseen!?! Seriously? I don't have the guts to do that! anyways it had two charms with Ryan and Chaz's names on them as well as their birthstones. I love it!!My gift to Ryan was two pictures printed on canvas to hang in our bar. I had a friend at work help me out with them (he new how to stretch canvas.. whoohoo!) Ryan was in awe and they turned out wonderfully. They actually have an effect on them that makes the print look more artistic. Very cool!

and the funny of the day.. for 12+ years Ryan has taken piece from my manicure sets and used them in the shower.. causing my nail clippers to rust and resulting in me purchasing multiple throughout the years.. so I simply asked for a new on in my stocking.. this is what i got..
Men's really? Do i need mustache scissors?

No comments:

Post a Comment