Monday, September 21, 2009

2 wonderful years! WOW!

Everyday I am so amazed by the joy this little boy brings to my life. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened in my life (his father is a very close second :) Our entire world changed the day I found out I was pregnant. How would we prepare? How would we make sure he had everything he needed? how do we make sure we raise a good kid? Oh the anxiety!! Anyways after 1 full week of soft labor and over 15 hours of hard labor (don't be fooled I DID have an epidural!!!) We welcomed this beautiful boy into our lives. I wish this picture had chaz looking at the camera but I still love the look of amazement on his fathers face. It is so pure to me. This is probably my all time favorite picture of Chaz. He was a little over 1 day old. Still very "squishy" and innocent. My friend sally took this picture and I will forever cherish it.







Me, my daddy and his very first grandchild!
Home sweet home!

And a year later we celebrated with a WONDERFUL razorback themed birthday party.






I made this shirt too! It says "i am one" with a razorback. He looks so tiny--and bald!

This picture is so precious to me! His daddy thinks he looks like he has been in a blood bath. For those who don't know his smash cake was a razorback. He LOVED digging in (which if you saw his 2 year bday post you will know things changed.. he stayed pretty clean this year) We actually found icing in the crease of his ear 2 days and 4 baths later. :)



and now we have reached 2... so far (please no jinx) not that terrible! I have to say he has his meltdowns but for the most part he is a "perfect" kid.. I quote perfect because nobody (kid or adult) is always perfect but to me..he is.


For his 2 year doctor appointment we got RAVE reviews. I have to say I am a very proud momma. Stats: 26lbs, 34 1/2 inches tall (when using the babycenter.com calculator it says he will be 6 foot by 18years.. which makes me very happy! Thank god he will not have his mommy's height)


The doctor also said he was at a three year level for verbal, metal and physical ability! WOW! He is super smart and very active.


His big things right now are counting to 5, his ABCs to "F" and then regaining speed around "R" and "W", he loves gummy fruit treats, his brothers (cats--snowplow tiger and fester), he loves to be outside, he calls me "Momma" and ryan is "Daddy-o", he likes to get the mail, play with trucks and cars, can run SUPER fast, likes to call out "BIG truck" "mo-cycle" & "airplane", he thinks he is super funny (as do I), definitely knows the word "no", always gives me hugs & kisses when i leave for work, says "hold you" when he wants to be held, sleeps in a toddler bed, is working on potty training, knows every one's name (and I mean EVERYONE!)..and many many more things i just can't keep track of! I love this little boy SO much!
For his actual birthday we went to chuckEcheese. Some people were not able to join us (sick, working, etc) but that was ok. We missed them terribly but had a great time!!!

this is his gma and him playing a game.. he was more excited to have "moneys" than to actually play the games. This kid was in heaven! The place was basically empty.. he got to run free and had one of his best buddies Jackson with him. He also got to eat pizza which is his favorite.



Ryan and jim got into the action with a little air hockey.
So much fun riding with the "creepy" ChuckECheese.
I think this picture is hilarious (my mom may not) but anyways this was taken on the creepy ride shown above. This ride takes a picture when you are on it....the problem is it doesn't give you any notation or warning as to when it will take the picture.. no countdown, no flash... so you get a very "candid" photo HA!
and this is probably my all time favorite.. we have a few of these throughout the years.They are taken by the sketch photo machine, hence the weird style. Anyways there is again a timing issue with this machine.. you sit for about 30 second trying to place two large and one small heads in a very small window.. did i say at least 30 seconds?!?! Seriously, who can get a two year old to sit and look cute for over 30 seconds... obviously i cannot! (see below for evidence of this conclusion)
Sweet jackson isn't scared of creepy ChuckE..



at first the boys were not found of this ride but soon warmed up to it..

i have scary jitters of these two being 16 and on their own,, YIKES!!!



Again, i am flashing forward 14 years.. DOUBLE YIKES!

Chaz found the cute little ChuckE phone. He told me he was taking to meme, shane, lisa, anna, uncle mike mike, jackjack, Papa, etc. etc.. he went on and on with a few "i love yous"

Sharing a soda with Daddy. We try not to do this too often but hey it was his birthday!



This was his birthday -day cake.. Thank you Sam's. It is SO cute and all the little footballs are rings, which he LOVED! (notice the icing is white :)

he has this "blowing out candles" thing down!



Jackson wanted to help out.

we had to relight them a bazillion times because the boys were having sure a good time blowing out the candles.

and then Jackson got his turn.. why not? :)


See I told you he likes the rings..



I really tried to do so good by purchasing white icing...really there was just a small amount of green, but man did it make him green!


Ryan thought it would be funny to try and make him dirty with green icing. As you can see by the "joy" on his face, he was not excited about this...

this has been a ChuckECheese theme since Anna was a little bit.. we (the adults) get in the big tunnel with the kiddos. it is hard on the knees but it is a good time and the kids enjoy it (and the employees don't kick you out!
I have thsi same picture with Anna in place of Chaz on her birthday one year!


I think Ryan is having more fun than the boy!



He looks like and astronaut to me! Both the boys had such a godo time standing on the basketball machine and playing with their daddys.


Not only did Ryan play with Chaz in the tunnel he got Jackson up there and yelled as loud as they could.. What a fun uncle (and daddy)

Oh these pictures make me laugh! Jackson looks a little bit like Hannibal Lecter!

Even mommy got in on the fun!

And down the slide, which frankly smelled a little like pee... but whatever!

Gotta go back for Daddy-O

see the hand... yep, that is my husband!


Free at last!!

So much fun!


and this is quite possibly the worst game ever made.. it is a roller coaster that you sit in the seats and look a a giant screen the seats shake and move... sounds fun, nope... it is the most boring ridiculous ride ever!!
Chaz and Jackson playing the kids "shoot 'em up" game.. note: no money was actually put into the machine, the joy of a 2 year old.. they have NO clue!

Chaz loves driving games..


and the joys of skeeball. Chaz could not figure out why all the balls were not his and why he couldn't take them home,, I can't really blame him, he gave money the machine gave balls.. sounds pretty cut and dry to me :)
Mah and chaz getting the BIG score!



Tickets!!!!




chaz wanted Jackson to sit with him. He was very concerned that jackson would fall so he had to hold him..






meme and chaz playing the driving game ..

NOT a fan of ChuckE. Chaz got a few toys with his tickets.. and a spoon..and a sucker, which was the best prize ever!



Chaz woke up very early the next morning and climbed in bed with Daddy.. hey it was still his birthday right? he can do whatever he wants :) )note the frog pillow he brought with him.
and of course his brother was right there :)


Happy Birthday to my sweet little boy! I have loved the past two years and can't wait for the any memories we will make in the years to come.. Momma and Daddy-O love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment