Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter // 2013

We started the weekend at my parents house. Anytime the weather cooperates, we are outside. I am officially a boymom so I may as well embrace it! Chaz loves to ride the Rhino and Dane is learning how much fun this thing can be!
I don't get the crooked tongue but I love it!!
After we enjoyed our trek around the neighborhood, we decided to die eggs. Again as long as the weather cooperates, we are outside. And this activity plus two boys equals a good need to be outside! The Reds were on hand to help us get everything together and organized.
And Chaz was pumped.. and I mean PUMPED!!
Colors were all in place, we were ready to go!!
Dane is technically in his swim gear because I didn't have any backup clothes. I figured these were easily washable and dark in case there were any stains. I mean, I figured he would keep everything clean and tidy, but just in case *wink*wink*
The hubs drew the short straw and got to hold the baby for this exciting event. His main goal was to keep Dane from eating or licking the eggs. Maybe you remember his brother doing this.......yeah.
Chaz really did try to keep it as clean as possible. He doesn't really do messy
It didn't take long before Dane was in "Dane form" and thank goodness the hubs was wearing an undershirt because it was about to get colorful.
It took all of about 4 minutes for his hand to turn from sweet-baby-peach to dirty-Easter-egg-dye-green.
Chaz keeping it neat and clean. He is totally my child.
He was amused at his brothers green hands.
Poor hubs, I told you it was going to get colorful!
We had a broken egg so my Momma decided to try and feed it to the boys. As suspected, Dane tried it because he will literally eat anything.
And Chaz turned his nose.. because he eats like a bird.
Straight to the bath for you!
They did SUCH a good job! I was so pleased!
Annnnnnnnnnnnnd we broke his favorite egg. Poor fella.
The next morning was Easter and it was time for the basket. Dane is still so little that I just wrapped them both together and let them figure out who's was who's, it was pretty obvious.
A little love from Gaga and Papa!
The baby was pretty pumped!
Chaz was ready for it to be Easter sugar rush!
Then it was time to go outside. It was a beautiful day!
Being a goofball on the diving board!
We quickly realized we needed someone to be on poo patrol. Thanks Papa!
The hubs and the boy playing baseball over the pool cover. Why? I don't know but they were having a great time!!
This kiddo was on FIRE! I think we figured out his sport.
Sunbathing dog. HA!
According to the kiddos, we needed to decorate more eggs and add decorations to the ones we did earlier.
I absolutely LOVE hiding Easter eggs. I know the boys will be so excited to hunt them so it just makes me so very happy!!
I even found these adorable little Elmo eggs for Dane. How stinkin' cute?!?!
Somebody is peeking!
This guy wanted nothing to do with the eggs. He spent a good portion of the hunt like this.
This one was all about this!
Yeah, still not having it.
Kelsey was trying to find her fair share. Well, unless Chaz came running and snatched it up before she had a chance. She was a good sport about it.
Chaz is SUCH a great older brother. He is always so good to Dane and this day was no different. He realized Dane was not happy and not hunting eggs so he decided to go help.
It took some coaxing and love from Momma but I finally got him into this egg hunting thing.
Wrigley even got in on the action. SUCH a good dog!
Yes, my baby spends a majority of his day with his tongue hanging out. Hilairous!
Mini photo op with Momma. The baby had a mouth full of food, but they still turned out cute!
These were technically part of their baskets but I forgot them in the car. Dane's ball is almost as big as he is!
Even Teddy got in on the action!
Chaz has done this to Dane since he was little. It is how he gets the baby to smile. It cracks me up every time!
Again, SUCH a good big brother!
More baseball time. This one was in the yard and made a little more sense.
Sweetness and his daddy!
I have no clue what this is about but I think it is hilarious.
Then we were off to MahDah's house for the second round of Easter. Chaz was tired so he spent the first portion sitting in a chair and drawing Angry Birds. Whatever makes you happy!
They were DYING to go outside. Seven kiddos smushed against the glass storm door makes for some good laughs!
And they are off!!!
Round two went SO much better!!
The we wanted a picture of all the kiddos. Dah and Chaz did not get the original memo.
I just can't delete one. The all make me laugh and smile! (Brandon, Anna, Campbell, Chaz, Ben, Jackson, Dane)
After they had hunted everything they could, it was time for bubbles.
Group pictures are so much fun with these kiddos. There are just so many of them and they are so silly!
Sweet little Anna is so attentive to the babies. She is the momma of the bunch.
Best buddies.
Love them!!
And they love me back!
Mah wsa so good to get an Easter cake--complete with cupcakes and Easter ring!
Just as I always did growing up, we had to have a few random impromptu egg hunts at the house. We actually told Chaz these were from the Easter Bunny! He totally bought it!
Such a great day! I love that the weather is getting better and this weekend was no exception. Beautiful weather, beautiful families.Good times had by all. Happy Easter, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment