Monday, December 26, 2011

Jingle Bell rock!

This year Chaz has one of the best, most creative and most engaged teachers ever! She loves to do "extra" things with the kiddos (remember Flat Stanley? Yep, that was here genius idea) For their Christmas party she had the kiddos learn Christmas songs. Very lofty goal for a teacher with a classroom full of 3-4 year-olds. Some of them did better than others but all in all it was so much fun to watch them try :)  (Remember to turn off the music at the bottom of the page before you view the video!)
As you could tell in the video, my kiddo was more interested in the little bell than singing anything.
And, of course, I took a ton of pictures of them singing. I love all these kiddos so much!
And I think we had the best showing of parents to date. Look at all these proud parents!!
Dane was interested for a few minutes.
Then it was time to dive into the sugar high! And we jumped in with two feet! Ryan (aka Marshall Stewart) made is standard chocolate pops. Yum! And I do not lie, every single kid in the class ate this treat first. Every kid.
Here is the "nutritious" snack plate. It makes me laugh out loud that they gave the kids celery. Really? I could pretty much bet my existence that not a single kid ate the celery. Good try teachers, good try!

I had to get some shots of Chaz's work that was hanging around the room. This is one of my favs.  Note his eyes are blue or black. HA!
And his letter to Santa. The surfboard, green lantern and razorback toys were all news to me! Well, technically he told Santa about the surfboard and the razorback toys the day before the party but up until then I had never heard of these things. And no, he is not getting a surfboard.  I don't even know where he got this idea.

You can look here for last year's party and here for the year before. You will probably recognize some of the same kiddos

When we got home he asked if he could sit on the couch and watch Handy Manny. Can you say sugar CRASH?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment