Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dane --One month

Before Dane was born I purchased this cute little Razorback hat from Etsy. I had great intentions of using it in his newborn photo shoot, him looking scrumptious and printing it HUGE! Ok, maybe that last part is a bit of an exaggeration. I did get it on him for about 3 seconds when we were leaving the hospital, I am not even sure I got a picture of it. Ugh! And when we got to the shoot we found out it was too small! We tried to get a picture but it kept wiggling off his head. My plans were spoiled.

I worked on stretching it out for almost a full day. I was determined to get a shot with this damn hat. I tried. Not my best work but at least I got it on him and got some pictures.  You can tell he started to get a little annoyed by my picture taking.
And for the official one month pictures. My SIL Marcy got me these cute stickers you put on a onesie each month. Yeah, something else they didn't have when Chaz was little.

This picture makes me laugh. This child rarely cries but if you mess with his clothes you will get this reaction.
Then he quickly calms down. What a sweetie!
At one month he is around 8lbs. He still has his little "newborn" legs and has yet to really plump up. He loves to make a pucker face and had started to smile and giggle. He definitely recognizes voices-- Ryan, Chaz, Gaga and me for sure. He never liked to be swaddled (neither did his brother) He sleeps in a co-sleeper (like a pack and play on steroids) next to our bed. He is hit or miss on sleeping "through the night" You know that isn't really 8 hours, by doctors standards it is 5 hours straight. He is a calm baby and rarely cries. He gets terrible gas which really irritates him and makes him squirm and whine. Again, so did his brother. Speaking of, his brother is madly in love with him. He wants to help do whatever I am doing with Dane. Everyday when he gets home from school he immediately finds Dane and tells him hello. We are all in love with this little angel.
 Happy one month little buddy! You have brought us such joy in the short time you have been on this earth. I can't wait to see what the next month brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment