Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All you need is love!

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I know, most people say "Ugh, it is such the Hallmark holiday. It is only there so retailers can make more money" And maybe they are right but not in my house.

You see, thirteen years ago when Ryan and I began dating we made a pact NOT to do anything for Valentine's day.. well nothing more than a card and maybe flowers. We began dating in January (so this was our anniversary before we got married) my birthday is 2 days after Valentine's day, my Mother-in-law's is the day after mine, add the debt of Christmas onto all of that and we just decided to nix it in the beginning. THIS is why I love Valentine's day. It isn't about presents in our family but a sweet reminder of how we should feel every day.

I love spending the day with sweet pictures like this one. Are you kidding me? Could this be any cuter???
The day is full of hearts and red.
I will say that as much as I heart this holiday (pun fully intended) I was off my game at the school party. I only got pictures of Chaz. I didn't get any of his sweet friends or teachers. I don't know what my gig was but after looking at the pictures I just didn't do the party justice...
I love this "should I eat my cupcake or smile for mommy" face
and in the end we had the classic white paper bag filled with cute little cards from each of his classmates and more candy that any 3 year-old needs.
When we got home Chaz had another surprise waiting for him. He was super excited to get his Valentine's gift from us.
He ran over to the rug in the living room and turned the bag upside down.
He got a couple Scooby Doo short movies, A Bug's Life (I have the majority of these kinds of movies but they are all on VHS.. I know, I know!) some stickers, a Phineas and Ferb cup, a Toy story mail box and a few cute Tshirts. He was super excited. He quickly snatched up his card to Ryan and proceeded to open it. I love the non-impressed look on his face. HA! "Uh, yeah. Here is your not-so-cool card dad"Chaz and his daddy got me multiple bouquets of flowers and put them all around the kitchen and the breakfast nook. I heart these boys!!
This pretty much sums it up for me. Happy Valentine's day everybody. Remember to celebrate this special day the other 364 days of the year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment