Friday, December 24, 2010

Deck the Halls....

This year I decided to deck our halls before Thanksgiving. A few reasons behind this 1) there were only 3 weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year 2) I love to decorate for Christmas 3) I wanted to enjoy my decor for as long as possible 4) the boy was REALLY ready for Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He was so stinkin' cute helping me put the "sticks" in the tree.
but then he got distracted by Handy Manny.
Then he decided that his toys needed to go on our tree. Ok, why not!
"Momma, take a picture with me and my toys" I will also say I have had a pair of kids Black and Decker goggles on my tree since this day. To them they are an ornament. Why not!
As I was putting up my Christmas stuff I realized how much I love all of my Christmas stuff. I decided to take pictures of my favorite pieces...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz's stocking...
This is an ornament we bought in Richmond, Virgina with my parents when Chaz was just 3 months old. They are hand painted in Virginia. Since then they have been sold to small speciality shops and you can find them locally. I love it!My red shoe.. Yes, I love shoes!
Ryan's "Baby's first Christmas" ornament. Our ornaments have remained at my parents house and on Christmas Eve we all gather and place them on their tree. Ryan's mom gifted me all of his baby ornaments when we got married. I think it is so special that I have them hanging on my tree.
This ornament is from the Christmas after Ryan and I got engaged. Yes, we have an ornament noting the day we got engaged. Hilarious!
This one was sent from a coworkers husband who was serving over seas during Christmas one year. I actually have two of these and they quickly remind me to cherish the time I get to spend with my loved ones at this time of year because many do not have the luxury of being together for the holidays. This poor guy (he has no feet) came from my Grandmother's set of ornaments. After she passed away I was able to gather a few to put on my tree.
Chaz's first Christmas ornaments.
This is Jackson's first Christmas ornament.
A fish with glitter lips. Why wouldn't I have a fish with glitter lips on my tree.
The cross which is required to be placed VERY high on my tree..
This was school pictures from his second Christmas. Yes, he is wearing a blazer. He daddy dressed him.
This is from the same year. Craft day at school!
This is from last year. They did a project at school to make Christmas ornaments. They painted the palm of each of the kids hands and then placed the ball in their hand. When they wrapped their fingers around the ball it created a print. The teacher then painted snowman on each of the "fingers" A-DOR-ABLE!!
and here is the house...the mantle..
My village...My AWESOME black, hog tree. LOVE IT!
My front door.. My thing this year has been wreaths. I have seen them in stores and many friends selling them so I was like "Heck, I can do that!" and I did.. This is Chaz's wreath. After he saw the two on the front door he decided he wanted one on his front door. So I let him pick out his "special" ornament for the top middle. He picked a very cool firetruck and I made him a wreath. He absolutely loves it, which makes me smile.
My kitchen nook table..Dining room table.. My tree. Oh how I love my tree!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Teresa! Your home looks so beautiful! You should leave it decorated for Christmas year round!! Love yal! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete