Sunday, July 4, 2010

"We are going on A-Cation!!" (Part two)

So Day 5 we decided to rent a boat.. We didn't really care about skiing, knee boarding, etc. .We just wanted to ride around and explore the lake.. before we left Chaz insisted we let him try and open the door.. At this point we realized the swim trunks I just bought him may be a bit to big...considering we could see some booty!
We quickly changed and were off to the dock. Little man was ready to get on the boat. He was SOOOO excited that that is all he talked about for days.. "I go with Papa and ride de boat?" Yes, mom and dad come second to Papa and GagaAs soon as he saw Papa he ran over and said "lets go get de boat!!" Look at that arm! He means business.. I think I pretty much grew up on a boat but I have not been on one in years.. SO I was super excited as well.
Of course he wanted to drive the boat with Papa.."Look Momma. I cool!"
It didn't take very long for the little man to give into the ride, and the heat, he quickly passed out in my mom's arms..
Shane and Lisa enjoying the ride!
He loved the boat ride!! The houses on the banks were BEAUTIFUL!! I was pointing and telling Ryan to look at something and my little shadow would say "Wow...Daddy look at dat!!" He didn't even know what he was pointing at.. HA! We were all lounging on the ride, feet up everywhere. So Chaz decided he would do the same. He doesn't look happy but trust me.. he is!
Someone recommended this great restaurant called Frankie & Louie's .. this was really our one and only destination on the lake. It was really cool as you drove up and docked your boat at the restaurant, the restaurant had a cool outside area, bar and beach.. we don't have anything like this on our local lake so it was a neat experience.. It also had a very rundown game room, but a game room none the less. Chaz didn't care that it was old, broken and dirty.. he had a blast!! I guess Papa didn't care much either, as long as Chaz was having fun!
and of course mommy had to get in on the action!
and then there was this gem... it was a decrepit, old, broken down ride... Chaz was all about riding it.. I mean who could blame him.. the chair was to go around in a circle like a mini Farris Wheel. he buckled himself in.. I pumped the money in and he was ready to go.. but alas.. no movement.. And then we notice this sign.. old and decrepit itself.. "Shake door if coin does not fall" seriously? did I really let my kid climb on this terrible piece of equipment???Poor baby was NOT happy that this thing didn't go.. after seeing the sign I was kind of glad it didn't move.. Geez! Bad mommy award coming my way! Frankie and Louie's had great food and atmosphere but this thing needs to go!but that is ok. we were back on the boat and having a good time.. (thanks Lisa for the holding of my baby's strap! ")
More of my favorite thing.. baby feet. This time on the boat seat.. So freakin' cute!!
Did I mention this lake was gorgeous!! Needless to say we were H.O.T when we got off the boat! So as soon as we hit the marina we needed treats! Chaz chose an icy pop.. MMMMMMMMM!
He then said "Momma take my picture by the garbage" Seriously?? Oh well he was cute, so i did what he asked :) he said "CHEEEEEEESE"
Oh, Oh no! Ice cream headache!!Love this little bit of sweetness.. Gaga and her sweet grandchild!
Did I mention it was H.O.T??? Next stop pool! This was the wading pool.. there were little fountains on the sides which Chaz quickly decided were showers.. So his Daddy and him were "washing" their hair. I have the best hubby in the world .. and this little guy has him wrapped around his finger! Lord help us if we ever have a baby girl! more hair "washing" Then he kept telling me "Manny dirty, I need to wash him!" (note: his flops have Handy Manny on them) He was extremely concerned that there was a "spot on Manny" Honestly I didn't even look I just let him wash him because it looked like he was having fun..
He was insistent that Manny was dirty.. and kept washing and washing.. I finally went to look at it and discovered a small little black mark on Manny.. He was right! I scrapped it off with my fingernail and all was well... Making up for me putting him on that dreadful Farris wheel aboveafter cleaning Manny we were quickly back to being silly.. This was all him! I did not place him at all! "Momma dis is how we do in de shower!"and then we were back to the slide! Oh how he LOVED this slide!! "momma I do dis by myself!"
uh, no you don't.. He may be that brave.. but I am not :) Then we were back to the "Little guy" pool with the rest of the fam.. Again, Papa is the best and climbed on into the pool to play..Chaz made quick work of Papa's hat.. and the Mountain Dew bottle became the favorite toy of the day... Good times with Gaga and Lisa!The bottle.. He thought he was SOOOO funny pouring water on every body's head..
If you know Ryan you know he is ALWAYS on his phone working.. the A-Cation was no exception.. I can't really crack on him because this is his job.. and oddly enough this gave me one of my favorite pictures of him in a long time.. underneath this towel is his phone.. I think this is the cutest, most handsome picture of him.. *Smooch* Love you babe!Back to the house for a quick nap and a rest for the sunburned.. .. and he was REALLY sunburned!! For some reason Ryan got it really bad on the boat.. the rest of us, not so much.. very odd!
Cleaned up and ready for dinner.. We (oddly) decided to fore go the nap this day.. Which is very rare for me .. and him.....but he did great.. As everyone was cleaning up Papa and him sat on the couch and watched T.V. (T.B. as he calls it)
zoned and tired.. Day6--So I am pretty sure this kiddo watched more T.B, ate more sweets and drank more soda than he ever has in his life.. but that is ok, right?? It is A-Cation!! He conned his Gaga into buying this little water toy at Target for a buck. He carried it everywhere and would show it to whomever would listen! Lisa was watching him this afternoon and they went down to the walkway with the toy and a cup of water.. Endless entertainment for well over an hour..He then convinced Lisa that if they put the water on their faces it would "make us pretty" As usual Lisa was great and played along..
He was hilarious when he was doing this, so serious!After seeing all the fun they were having I just had to join in. He told me "Momma we put this on your wips and it make you pretty" *melting heart* "Momma, I put my head in the de cup" Yeah, you go ahead and try that, goofy kid! Lisa and me. Love this girl! My momma.. One of the best pictures (and people) ever. You wouldn't even know it was so hot we could have literally melted!!add in the little guy.. super cute picture!
and then it was time... time to fish... This kid was so ready. Every single day he would say "I go fishin' with Papa" and before we knew it the day would get away from us, it would be dinner/bedtime and we would tell him "Maybe tomorrow" But not this day, heck it was almost the last day and remember he LOVES to fish with Papa, I couldn't possibly take him all this way with the promises of fishing and not let him fish! So were ordered in from the resort retaurant and we were going fishing! *note the farmer's tan on this guy.. hee heeAll we had to do was walk to the ledge in front of our cabin and fish off into the lake. So convenient and the view was phenominal!Precious pic of Papa and the little guy heading off to fish. I love that they have the same swagger and swing to the tool box!
back to my favorite thing.. baby feet hanging off the ledge.. too cute!!As soon as we got down there we noticed something swimming in the lake.. We thought .. beaver? squirrel?? it kept getting closer and closer like it was coming to us for help. When he got close enough we realized it was a baby bunny.. Seriously? I had no idea they could swim and from the look on his face neither did he! Now realize he was right below us but the land to the lake is about 4 1/2 feet of difference. Clearly there was no way Lisa or I could reach him. I wasn't really sure what to do and was certain this would be the end of this poor little fellow. But no.. before I knew it my dad was on the ground with his arm in the lake.. He yelled at Lisa and I "Hold my legs so I don't fall in" then he scooped up this little bunny and sat him on dry land! Chaz yelled "GOOD JOB Papa, you caught the baby bunny!!" He was still in shock but quickly hopped off into the woods.. Wow! Did that really just happen??
Then it was time to fish. I decided I would help Chaz..
He was all about the worms. I was shocked really as he usually doesn't want to get too dirty. Then I noticed that he liked the worms but was not a fan of the dirt in which they resided.. My white shorts had baby dirt hand marks all over them :) he loved digging for the perfect worm for Papa.. He would get in the tackle box and say "Papa you need dis??" "Lisa you need dis?"
Lisa fishing.. and yes, it was this pretty on this lake!Me and my sweet baby.
Explaining to Papa how they really needed to catch a fish.. I love the next three shots. Could he be any cuter? I just want to pinch those little cheeks.. So, so cute! Notice the little alphalpha sprout.. back to the worms and the tackle box..
I was so impressed with his reasoning and expalaination of what was needed.. Is he really only two???Ryan (city boy) fishing.. he actually did reallly good. Nobody caught a "Big one" but we caught pleanty of little ones.. and then the beginning of the end.. Lisa caught a little fish and Ryan decided to show Chaz because up to this point he really was just into the tacklebox and talking about catching fish. He had not really noticed that we were actually catching fish.
We let him hold the pole with the fish on it.. all seemed well
He was excited and said the fish was super cool..and then.. the shot of all shots.. Lisa and Ryan were trying to get Chaz to hold the line about the fish so we could get a picture of him with the fish.. It was all going great until the fish moved... The horrendous screech that came out of my boy could have woken the dead.. He then turned to my mom and said "I done. I go to the house. I put on my PJs, get a mo {milk}, read a book and go to bed" He quickly grabbed her hand and headed up the gravel embankment to the room.. He was done.

Day 7

Our last day :( Well we decided to make the most of it! MINI GOLF!!! We knew walking into this that the 2 year old would not last long.. We decided to start out as a group.. He played a few holes with some help..I even got to play a little.. I wasn't so good at first. Chaz quickly figured out that if he turned his putter he had much more control of the ball. I tell you the motor skills/hand-eye coordination on this kid are out of this world!!The game of golf quickly went from golf to an easter egg hunt.. I mean who could resist the bright colors.. the problem is not all of the balls were in the hole when he picked them up! That makes for a very interesting game
He quickly lost interest.. as predicted.. So Mom and I let the others play through and we "played" a few holes just the three of us.. again the attention span was not the best.. insert cheesy minigolf course pictures.. (LOVE IT!)
and then he was back in the game.. at least for a few minutes.. Then he decided to go explore with my mom. She, of course, went along with him. Those two have the best of times.. I stayed back with the crew for a little competition.. now that the 2 year old is gone the competition is on!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shane doing everything possible to make a shot.. Classic Ryanand what is this you may ask?? One of my FOUR hole-in-ones!!!! Yes, I said I wasn't very good.. at first. Chaz playing with Gaga in the barn on the golf course.. Well needless to say I whooped some tail on that minigolf course.. Yes, I won!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before dinner we decided we needed to do an old time photo. I tell you this was a blast!! I love everyone's face in this picture.. Classic! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well the vacation is over but we all had a great time.. just relaxing, hanging out and enjoying life. Who knew?!?!? Sometimes you don't have to go far or fancy to have a great time. This will go down in the books as one of the best vacations ever..

No comments:

Post a Comment