Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.

Summer....Ahhh, Summer... I absolutely love this time of year. I think of kiddos outside, good friends over to grill out, cold drinks in the cooler, sprinklers on, bare feet in the grass...Ahhhhh, bliss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is insanely hot this year but we are soaking up as much fun in the sun as we possibly can. This afternoon was no different. We invited the Schmidts and BabyHills over for dinner and fun. The boys took no more than 3.2 seconds to strip down and get into their bathing suits (actually I think Jackson may have arrived in his :) run around in the yard---sprinklers, water slide, kiddo pool, etc. Pure summer bliss!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This little boy could not have been anymore excited to have his little friends over..

and this little sweet pea... just preciousyes, my love affair continues with baby feet.. While I am a little biased to my little boy's feet.. I still love ALL baby feet.. Just precious.. I was not the culprit but she did begin to cry. Chaz ran from out in the yard to check on her.. he was so cute. He found her paci, told her "it ok baby animal" (remember this is how he says Campbell) He calmed her down for a moment by getting close and talking to her.. *melt.my.heart*
and then she lost it again.. Although it looks like Chaz is smacking her in the face he is actually stroking her face very carefully, telling her it will be ok..
and then come the boys... they are so silly and weird I just cannot explain it.. Fletch was in an especially silly mood and luckily was ready to ham it up for my camera!
So I am not a big fan of letting Chaz have fast food BUT McDonald's tends to be the treat for the boys when they get together... and since the Schmidts bring Murphy he gets to indulge a little as well.. after dinner it was time for more fun in the sun... WATER GUNS!!!!
WATER SLIDE!!!!
and isn't this always the case when a bigger boy gets a water gun..... What a bully! Good thing Chaz thought it was hilarious!
So much so that he stole it and started shooting his friends... Fletcher was NOT a fan!

Jackson loved the slide.. and it is great for us parents as it makes them so tired come bedtime..

I love this shot.. it has been done in a few other blogs and I just can't help but take a picture every time we hang the clothes to dry.. it is classic summer...
and then what has become the norm... Good idea #352... The boys head off for the shower... complete with green foam on my shower door.. and then off to bed..

and then off to watch a movie in bed..... and then they crash.... Happy Summer everyone! I hope yours is just as blissful as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment