Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reward system???

So I had to do something...Don't get me wrong, Chaz is a very good kid but the whining had.to.stop... So I tried to think of something that he would love to "collect" I couldn't very well do stickers because he gets stickers all the time.. and I wanted something I could control and divvy out.. Just then I saw my friend Meredith's blog post.. GENIUS! She uses marbles.. She started with a full bowl and an empty bowl. Her kids get rewarded for different things than what we are struggling with but I thought this was a great idea.. As some of you may know I collected bouncy balls back in the day... I have thousands! I thought, Ok I will get two jars, fill one with bouncy ball (the really cool ones that he would love) and have a larger jar that was empty.. Every time he did something good, or something that we have been struggling with (i.e. eating dinner, brushing our teeth without a fight, getting in the shower in the morning, NOT whining--these are probably our biggest things) we would get both jars, let him pick one out of the smaller jar and place in the bigger one. We would discuss what he got the ball for and how it was a good thing. He understands that when the little jar is empty and the big jar is full we get to do something cool!! He has tossed out some funny ones---Go to Gaga's, Go to Chuck E Cheese, eat pizza, have Fletcher over... well if you follow the blog at all you know these are things we do on a regular basis so I have to think of something really good! Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome and we will so be stealing that in the future! Thanks for the idea and good luck!

    ReplyDelete