Sunday, November 22, 2009

My "sister's" 30th Birthday!

If Lindsay and I were not cousins we would be sisters. I love her just like she was my own sister. We have been incredibly close since we were little. She got the "hand me down" dress my mom made for me (i told mom it was "itchy" and have not lived it down -27 years later), I was the person she came to in college for advice and hugs, i was one of the first people she told she was engaged, i have been the "lifeline" that she called since Sidney has been here, she is one of the first people I told I was pregnant with chaz and if I would have thought about it better she would have been my maid of honor (one of my biggest regrets so far)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this year my little sister/cousin turned 30! This was a HUGE deal for her. I tried to tell her it really wasn't a big deal and the alternative was much worse but it didn't sink in. About a month before this party we got a lovely invitation in the mail.. i wish i would have saved it to scan for this blog.. anyways Cheryl and Nathan planned an awesome surprise party for her, complete with and invite showcasing her 5th (i think) grade picture. It was hilarious!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindsay of course had no clue. She called me to see if Ryan and I would be able to get a babysitter and go to Dickson. Good news for us was a fib was not a big stretch as it was the day of Jackson's party and my mom's bday weekend! We saw her at Jackson's birthday party earlier that day and I avoided her like the plague (very unlike me with her) I just cannot lie to her very well and it was killing me. She thought that because she missed my last few birthdays that I was mad and missing going out on purpose (which i would NEVER do!!) so she told Nathan that I "birthday shunned her" HA!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lindsay thought she was dropping Sid off at her mom's in order to go out with her brother and SIL that night in F'ville. Well when she rounded to corner she found a lot of people with noise makers and a big "SURPRISE!!!"

The weather was yucky so she wore her houseshoes into the house and left her dressy shoes in the car (thinking she was going to get back in and head to Dickson!)
I love this picture. Her face is so genuine.
Amy and Sarah (Lindsay & Nathan's sister in law and niece)
Sidney trying to hug Chaz. She was all about lovin' on him.
My momma reading to Sid.
Ryan Chaz and the noisemaker.. did i mention i HATE noisemakers?!?!?
Cheesball Sarah
Gaga reading to Sid and Chaz.
Lindsay and Sid blowing out the candles on the GINORMOUS cake!!

Michelle, Lindsay, Me, Amanda and Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment