Thursday, October 8, 2009

“The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things.” ~ Plato

So one Saturday morning we all (Mah, Meghan, Anna, Ben, Brandon, Ryan, Chaz and myself)decided to pack up and go down to the Botanical Gardens in Fayetteville. We were almost outnumbered by kids but we drug Ryan with us which made it even) It was a BEAUTIFUL day! The kids ran, played and just had a wonderful time. If you haven't been here you really should go.. the kids can really run free without causing the parents to much stress. There are a ton of things to look at and explore..



This is a really cool bridge that looks like the walkway is made out of clay and the railings are a cool iron design.. it lead into a "birds" nest.

There is this super cool tunnel under one of the bridges.. it took me a bit to convince the kids to come through it but once they got in they refused to get out.. Except Ben.. he reluctantly took about 2 steps in and that was it.





I think this may be my all time favorite picture I have taken of Anna.. not sure why (as there are SO many good ones) but I just love this one!

If you haven't heard Brandon is basically a clone of Chaz. He is VERY active, funny, full of life, climbs on everything, not scared of a a thing... with that said if you put the two of them together....total chaos! This is them pushing each other out of the way.. Don't worry Chaz isn't a bully and Brandon can sure hold his own when it comes down to it!

Ben .. not so sure of the happenings on the other end of the tunnel.


So for the first 30 minute or so this is what Ben looked like. I had to take a picture as it became a little humorous.. He is a mommy's boy and only wanted her.. He soon loosened up and really ended up enjoying the day.

Koala bear Ben.
There is a very neat bamboo tunnel.. it clearly makes for great pictures..





The theme of the day was the reading train (you will see this later) so they had a few train sets set up on the backside of the gardens.. I tell you we probably spent a good 45 minutes at the trains.. Anna and Chaz were in love with them! Look at my husband ... he is such a great daddy and uncle.. who could ask for anything more???


Chaz and Anna just plopped down in the ground and watched the trains.. the "conductor" would stop the train in front of them.. Chaz would freak out, go to the front of the train and try to figure out what was in the way.. HA!





I love this picture... who knows what Ryan is telling him? but i still love it..
Chaz was laying in the grass trying to look in the train station..




Here is the reading train.. Probably not the best picture but hey I am on that side of the lens so I have to post what I have.
Brandon and Chaz playing in the reading train.. back to the "they are the same" statement.. they are in a battle to be the driver...


Ben and Brandon This picture makes me happy.. he was running across the bridge.. You can just sense the joy!

Once we finally got the kids away from the train (don't judge me .. you can only watch the trains go around for a certain amount of time.. 45 minutes was my limit) we moved on to the chickens.. Yet another thing at this wonderful place that these little ones just absolutely loved!!


Here are Chaz and Anna looking in the chicken coop.. Anna was not happy that she didn't get to see any eggs..

Everyone checking out the chickens... Chaz was getting tired so it was milktime!

HA! At least there is not a plumbers crack!
Mah explaining to Anna how she use to have chickens when she was little girl. Anna thought that was pretty cool



Anna and Chaz memorized by the giant mosaic corn fountain.. and who wouldn't be?

what is this???

Again probably not the best picture but hey I take what I can get!
I love her! She takes pictures with me all the time... she sits still, looks beautiful and loves to look back at the digital pictures of us..



So about halfway through the journey Anna lets out the loudest scream .. it scared Meghan and me but Anna would not let us see her hands. (we think she may have been stung by a bee) She ended up holding them in what Ryan referred to as the "constant prayer" it became a funny thing once we realized she was ok.. I took this picture to make sure i could explain the hand thing... but it actually turned out to be a beautiful pic..

I only post this picture to show the "ducktail" my kid gets on the bakc of his head.. he has his mommy's curly and his Papa's crazy back of the hair!

We decided to go to Jason's Deli after the gardens.. i wasn't sure he would make it out of the parking lot awake.. look at this face!



No comments:

Post a Comment