Saturday, May 25, 2013

Alexis' Graduation // 2013

This little girl, who was born the year before I was graduating high school, is now an official BHS graduate. We could not be more proud!!!
I still think it is so odd that they graduate in Bud Walton Arena at the University. I guess the class is just so large, they can't graduate anywhere else. The four big schools in NWA all hold graduation here. I was actually the last class to graduate on the BHS football field, the old one.. not the new-state-of-the-art-high-dollar one. I still think that is pretty awesome. Anyway, while we were sitting, waiting for the show to begin, I tried to use the zoom on my camera to find Alexis. Needle in a haystack.
We started counting people in the program. With this "scientific method" we were able to gauge when she would be standing. FOUND HER!! That sweet girl in the middle, rocking the honors scarf!
When you take kids to these kind of things, they tend to get bored. I give them both major props for sitting through a high school graduation ceremony for 700+ students. And don't you judge for being one of "those people" that bring kids to these things. THEY wanted to see her graduate. THEY were excited and they were wonderful!!!  BUT sometimes you have to pass the time in other ways.. liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike making paper airplanes.
coloring..
making goofy faces.....
just looking very, very, very bored
making more weird faces while looking very, very bored.
AND then we figured out the key, make him the photographer! He is actually pretty good. I actually have roughly 100 pictures to prove it :)
He actually took this one. Even adding in the tilt like I do!
I know it is blurry but I love this one! Taking the semi-cheesy-graduation picture right as you walk off stage. LOVE!!
For reals... Some major party in the back going on here.
We made it through and Alexis graduated!!! And it was uber sunny outside!
Sweet baby passed out.
Here she is, our graduate!
And my little goofball!
My dad is awesome. I love when people steal my camera to make sure, every once and awhile, that I am on the other side of the camera. AND I love this picture!
Blurry but I can't help but love this picture of Chaz and his Uncle Shane. He was infatuated with Shane all weekend!
Her family was so very proud of her! *cannot believe I didn't get a single picture of my parents FAIL*
Insert my crazy goofball kiddo again. I really love this guy!
Besides the ones of my boys, I think this may be one of my favorite pictures of the day.. and here is why---windy, windy day + trying to take pictures + little sister having to share her bday with her graduating older sis + little sister trying to fix her hair = big sister showing a great face of frustration. Amazing!
And this is what we were trying to go for
The little guy really wanted to get a picture with the graduate. He was so happy that he was able to join us for the graduation.
Yes, I broke my own rule and woke him up from his nap. I really wanted him to get a picture with Alexis. He was not having it.
He calmed once he was back in his daddy's arms. Look at that baby face. Yummy!!!
After the graduation we headed to Teddy's house for a surprise graduation party. We told Alexis we were going to lunch and a few other white lies...
Chaz was Shane's shadow the entire afternoon. He simply could not get enough of his uncle. *not sure why he isn't wearing shoes*
Such sweetness.. I love this sweet little baby face!
I mean, couldn't you just eat him up?!?!?!

Not surprising, Teddy did a phenomenal job decorating for the party. Everything looked great! He even used the senior pictures I took a month or so ago. LOVE!
 The grad. So proud. We are all just SO proud!
This is a pretty standard view-- for the past 5+ years.
Cup stacking. One of his favorite things to do!
Again, shadow..He loves his uncle and his uncle loves him!
This one cracks me up. Dane is a year and a half so face plants are abundant.. but the fact that I got a picture, hilarious!
The next time Uncle Shane tried to catch him. Again, hilarious!
Chaz and his brother playing hide-and-seek. Precious moments, priceless moments!
Papa and his super fan.
Shane and Chaz decided to play a fun little game we played growing up.. A little bit of tag, a little bit of ninja.
There is the famous move. I HATED when he did this to me. I would be livid that left and right I could not catch him. Ninja, I say!
Now sister is happy that we are recognizing her birthday. Gotta learn to share, sweet pea!
My Meme is something heaven sent. Dane took off through the backyard and who goes after him?? My Meme. I told her I would go and she insisted she would. She said "What? You think I am too old to chase him?!?!" Absolutely not. You go on with your bad self!
Sweet baby boy Kelby!!!
Old man Withers is NOT asleep. I repeat his is NOT asleep! Or at least that is what he claimed when he woke up from NOT taking a nap.. *photo credit goes to Chaz* HAHAHA!
I took a moment and snagged the cap and gown for a little photoshoot. My little guy was graduating pre-school in a few weeks so I wanted to get some super cute shots with some excellent props.
"Mom, are we done yet?!?!"
My favorite!!
And this will probably show up in his senior year book.
We have another sweet pea graduating preschool this year. Sidney was at the party so I snagged her for a few pictures as well. Love her!!
Sweetness! They kinda like each other!
Then it was time for presents!!!
And my silly husband!
And super excitement about presents!
As I was taking present pictures, I look over to see this. What a sweet little burrito!
No clue. Don't care. It makes me giggle.
Why yes, I would love some whipped cream for my very sweet brownie pop! Yes, mom will LOVE this!!!
Congrats, hot stuff!!
 
Did I mention it was her bday? Sharing is no fun!

Congrats to our sweet girl. We are so very proud of you. Not only for graduating but for the woman you have become. You are smart, beautiful and have a pure heart-of-gold. We know you will continue to do great things and will support you every step of the way. Thank you for being you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment