Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The wonderful world of technology..

So before I had an iPhone I would get great pictures like this.... My hubby would snap a shot on his blackberry and email it to me. I know, SO 2009.

Around March I came into this century and got an iPhone. And I became a crazed maniac! I began snapping pictures all day every day. As if I wasn't bad enough with my regular camera now I had this beautiful hand held device! I could snap a shot and instantly email, text or even post it to Facebook. I was out of control but having fun all the while.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So with that I will begin my six months worth of iPhone picture blogging (don't worry~ I have separated them by month) I really think this is probably the best representation of our lives. As you are well aware I love randomness and this is our daily randomness. Let the good times roll!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We begin in March of this year (I know it is 2010, I should have purchased an iPhone YEARS ago!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random picture of the boy scooting around the house. His Black & Decker goggles on his head and the push/riding cart he got when he was 6 months old. He loves this thing! It may never retire to the attic!
One morning I was leaving for work and walked into my room to see this.. Why wouldn't you stand on your riding toy...naked...and watch TV?? and look how his little hands are crossed behind his back. LOVE IT!
This one actually came from Ryan (via text..yep, I live in 2010!) One snow day that I had to work.. Chaz was able to pic any outfit he wanted.. and he ended up in his "scary" skeleton costume. They even met me for lunch in this outfit! Random smiley boy in the backseat.
We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. I know the party never stops in our house!
Chaz went through a phase where he was scared of monsters. We tried EVERYTHING. Finally, my dad told him that he had come to our house while Chaz was at school and told all the monsters they had to go. It worked. But before this was done he liked to sleep in his chair with the "monster" flashlight. He kept it around to check for monsters. So the majority of our time is spent as a threesome. We really just enjoy being around each other. We don't really care what we are doing as long as we are together. This day was packed with "Hill" fun. From Barnes and Noble..
to Toys R Us..(yes, I let him ride the grimy, dirty, germ infested toy)
to Chuck E Cheese.. There is no shame in giving a little love to Barney, right??
Whoopin' daddy in air hockey! Yes, I let him play in the germy, pee smelling play tube.. don't judge!
Why wouldn't you hide your tickets under your belly in your waist band??
I got this sweet shot before leaving for work one day. He must have had a rough night of sleep!
Tie Friday according to his father.. not really, Ryan just loves to dress him up. What a cutie!!
and then we had to whip out the Spiderman shaving kit we got for Christmas. I love to determination on his face.
First day of Spring. Yep, that is Arkansas weather for you!By the second day most of the snow was already melted in the yard and it was a good 65 degrees, again Arkansas weather, so Chaz only had a little bit of playtime.So as you probably know by now we moved to a new house in August 2009. This was our first winter (spring :) at this house and the unfortunate part of living on a hill...is living on THIS hill. The hill you go up to get to our house is pretty much vertical and tends to remain in the shade for 90% of the day. Day 3 after the snowstorm, when all the roads are perfectly clear in town, our hill looks like this.. and then this.. probably the most infamous moment of 2010. On my way home one day I get this picture via text from Ryan.
Then I receive a text from my husband (who somehow survived this evil prank) that said "there was an accident, we are going to the hospital" Now, when the picture first came through I thought "Oh crap that red paint was in the garage and Chaz must have gotten into it!" but after the text I panicked.. I tried to call him back multiple time, no answer. I was crying so hard it was becoming more and more difficult to drive. If you are a parent you can only imagine the thoughts running through my head. Finally, I get a call from Ryan saying he was kidding.. My reaction "CLICK" When I got home I walked right passed him. I was livid. Clearly. He is lucky his father was there, also none to happy with his antics, or he might not have survived that night..
Thank the good Lord that my kiddo was fine. It WAS the paint and not a horrible accident. So once I calmed down I was able to take some more pictures.. because at that point it was kind of funny that he was covered in paint. How exactly does one get paint on top of his head?? Oh yeah, he was 2!!
and then incident #2 of 2010.. Ryan calls me about 5:30 one evening, just as he is picking Chaz up from school. The conversation goes a little something like this.
"So if Chaz were to fall in some bushes and cut his eye would we go to the emergency room or the doctor?"
"Really? Did this happen? I think I need more details"
"Well, as we were walking out of school Chaz tripped and they had just cut the bushes so one went straight for his eye.... and it is bleeding a bit."
"A BIT?? Yes, take him to the ER. NOW!"
Ryan was a bit more rational than me and took him to the regular doctor (he called ahead) 1) because he isn't the mom 2) because he was there and knew what was really going on 3) because he isn't me.. the worrier Anyway, our regular doctor was walking by right as Ryan and Chaz walked in and he said "C'mon in!" Dr Swindle is such a nice guy! He rinsed his eyes, checked for any scrapes to the actual eye and gave him some drops.. assuring Ryan "it really looked worse than it was" Thank goodness because THIS is what I saw when I got home.. Poor baby!!! He is 100% boy!
And yet another "Pick whatever you want to wear to school day" at the Hill house! Today it was a train conductor!

1 comment:

  1. You need to get the app project 365 on your phone. You may already have it. I love it!! That was sooo mean of Ryan! I would have been livid too!:)

    ReplyDelete