Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Long lost Birthday photos....

So, the other day I was going through pictures when I noticesd this little folder over to the right of my desktop.. It was the all to common auto named "New folder." When I opened it up I noticed a bunch of pictures I had not seen before... Yep, I made the classic mistake of pulling the pictures off my camera (probably in a scramble to get more space on my camera card) and forgot they were on my desktop..Oopsie!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The good thing is all the pictures were birthday parties, makes it pretty easy to blog about! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First up, Adalynn's birthday! Her daddy Adam is a very good planner and actually reserved Summerhill Athletic Club's outdoor swimming pool for an evening swimming party. You know we were in without hesitation! Pool + kiddos = good times!

Chaz liked the tubes. He would drop down where he could see through the "green" He would say "everyone is GREEN!"

He also liked riding the alligator. (not to be confused with his word for elevator --which is also alligator)and chasing Jackson on the alligator!Random weird photo of my hubby... Sweet birthday girl Adalynn. She kept putting her baby in the tube. Needless to say the baby didn't sit on the tube but rather dropped into the hole in the middle.. So someone, not me, thought it was a great idea to put both boys on the alligator....Those two "someones" are probably in this picture but I will not point fingers :) "No, Jackson that is not how we hold onto our cousin" :) I love Chaz's face in this picture.. "um Uncle Cameron are you going to help a kid out here??!?"
Then it was dinner time.. We ate beforehand so Chaz was not thrilled that I made him get out of the pool. Could there be a stronger look of boredom?? Then it was time for cupcakes.. a little more excited about this event. I was SO excited when I saw Adalynn's cake. Do you know how many of these I had as a kid???? My mom would make me Barbie cakes and I just loved it!! Sweet baby Campbell. and then the real excitement begins!!!! PRESENTS!!! Chaz just didn't even know what to do with himself! What a wonderful party!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next up~ My Meme (84!!) Aunt Sandra (??) and Alexis (15) We really try to combo up birthday's in our family as there are so many of us and everyone is super busy. We all went out to dinner and then back to the house for cookie cake and presents!
As soon as we got to my parent's house it was Buzz pjs for Chaz (it was WELL past his bedtime and I knew he was about to crash, despite the look on his face)

Meme snatched him up for some "sugars" Mercy me I love this woman. She is just the greatest thing alive and to think she is 84!! She could run circles around me.. more to come on that!

Candle time!


and then we insert the little guy who thinks all cakes were made for his grubby little hands! Oh well, I used to do the same thing with Alexis and Kelsey when they were little. Carrying on the tradition I guess!


Chaz was quickly off to bed.. without so much as a peep... and it was time for the first birthday girl to open her gifts. Notice the adorable tiara! Did I mention I heart her?!?!?!
WHO?? WHO GAVE MEME BOOZE!! Just kidding, she is the life of the party lemme tell ya!

Random photo my mom took... Next up was Alexis. I cannot believe she is 15 years-old!! I still remember the day she was born--I passed out (twice) and tried to kick off the doctor's head with my left foot..Yes, yes I did! Long story, trust me! This is the dreaded "hold up every gift and smile pose"
Did I mention she is 15? Yes, 15 year-olds are weird and get designer duck tape for their birthdays. I don't, nor will I ever, understand this!Next up, Aunt Sandra! Why wouldn't she get fancy lawn sprinklers for her birthday? I love that she is practical like me!and then.. all hell broke loose (remember those "circles" I mentioned above??)... Meme and Ryan were doing the Chicken Dance..

no, the Macarena is NOT part of the chicken dance..

Yes, much better..


and then the insanity continued.. Someone (who shall remain nameless) asked if Meme could put her feet behind her head.... SHE IS 84 PEOPLE!!!! So what does she do?? She gets down on the floor and take a run at it.. seriously?!?!? I choose not to to post the pictures of me completing the same stunt...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, this is randomness but at my parents house there are no TVs in the bedrooms. Now if you don't know my hubby cannot sleep without a TV so he opts for the couch.. I know it is weird, but whatever. Chaz likes to go sit on him and watch cartoons in the morning. I can't complain much because I get to snooze for at least 30 extra minutes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last but far from least is little Miss Sidney's 2nd birthday party. Yes, 2!! Her mommy and daddy planned a fantastic Dora party at their house. Bunch of kiddos and amazingly very little chaos.. You can tell Lindsay is a teacher!! Isn't Sid just a doll face?!?!
Lindsay had a great activity planned for the little ones. She stapled two paper plates together and filled them with raw beans--instant tamborine!!! She had a ton of decorations, colors, glue sticks, etc.. The kids loved it (so did my hubby)!!
Marcy and Jackson tackling their tambornie.
Baby Girl Sophia! Chaz with his hat and blower.. If you ask him what he wants for his birthday he will say "Party hats, blowers and cards" He is right, that is really all you need!
Jackson showing me his kidding face :)Sophia on the Sit-n-Spin!and then it was time for pin the tail on Swiper! If you are not familar, Swiper is a character in the Dora cartoon series..
Chaz did pretty good!Sidney rocked it!!
and then it was cake time... Who is that on the cake?!?!? Of course, it is Dora.... with a mustache. Minor mistake by the cake decorater but we all (including Sid's mom and dad) got a good chuckle out of this cake.. Sidney didn't care.. It was 10:30 in the morning and she was getting to blow out a candle and eat cake. What kid would care if Dora had a mustache or not?? Not this one!!Her Daddy helping her blow out the candle. and then it was present time.. and apparently time for my camera to die! (in the camera's defense it had had a full 48 hours of Birthday goodness and it was very tired!!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Birthday to all you wonderful people! Each of you mean so much to me and we are so thankful to have you in our lives. Sorry, you were lost in the "new folder" file. Don't take it personally! I take a lot of pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this one! I just got done (FINALLY) blogging about Sidney's bday. What great pics! I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete