Saturday, December 17, 2016

Wreaths Across America // 2016

If you don't know what this is, please take a minute and check it out. EVERYONE should do this. EVERYONE should teach your children the importance of this event. We have been going to this since before this blog was created.

Remember our fallen U.S. Soldiers.  Honor those who serve. Teach your children the value of freedom.

In my mind, this is one of the most important events of December. Much more important than any sporting event or party. If you are able, do. 

This year, my nephew tagged along.  Chaz was so excited to take him and teach him. I love this part of my son's heart. 

This kid. He is for sure into the event now that he is getting older. But he still thinks cheesing with the canon is pretty cool too.
Our first stop is always to my Papa and my cousin. They let the families place wreaths before they release the general public to do so.

He is just so precious to all of us. He is so great at showing the proper respect for this beautiful place and the people who rest here.  It was WAY too cold for my Meme to attend this year so Chaz did the honors alone. He is usually accompanied by her. He did a great job.
I did a terrible job of getting his salute. Oops.
Mercy me, we miss you.
Next up was my cousin.
We let Dane do the honors. I am so proud of how he is learning how to properly participate in this event.
He did such a good job.
Jackson was able to get his hand in the work. Note: Chaz was in the background walking him through each and every step in the process to ensure he got it perfect. He did a great job!
We miss you so much!
And then it was time for us to take over the rest. I am always amazed at the amount of unknown soldiers. Bless them.  This is the first year we made Dane do his own hauling of the wreaths. He was such the trooper.
My husband. He is something awesome. He has raised our children to have the utmost respect for the military. It isn't even a question. You respect. You thank. You understand.
Making it perfect.
Precious. 
My heart may explode. What you don't really see in this picture is my son is memorizing this man's name. He knows you need to say their names. He looks them up. He learns.
Sweet boys. 
I think he is trying to read but he can't read. :) Bless him. I helped him.
Beautifully peaceful.
More of the canon. Goofy kids.
Chaz didn't want to do it. Jackson talked him into it. 
And yes, I made them hike to the backside of the cemetery to get more wreaths and ensure every grave was covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment