Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve // 2016

Christmas Eve eve at our house!

We do our standard traditions of wrapping gifts, writing notes to Santa, baking cookies and preparing treats for Santa's reindeer.

Ninja gingerbread cookies that tasted like cardboard. BUT the kids had so much fun making them!
They toss out carrots and oats (with glitter) for the reindeer. 
Santa has come! *note: all of these pictures were taken after the kiddos went to bed*
And the elves have come too!
I love this time of the year. All the little details make me smile.
And Pinterest for the win!! They wanted to be able to carry him with them to Gaga and Papa's house and THIS was the solve.
"Good luck around the world" Priceless. 
And the next morning, the snow is here which means Santa was here.
We have been doing this for years. We use painters tape to tape off the hallway. They never even think to come down the hall. It is glorious!! The break on the bottom is because of the dogs. 
They were so excited!
When you kid puts the gift over his head and jumps up and down, you know you have done a good job!
This kid asked for John Cena. He has never watched wrestling, ever. He has only see him on a Scooby Doo but he LOVES him.
This kiddo was pretty pumped as well!

She was pretty pumped about her new bed and ball.
So was he!
Present time!!
I love Christmas!! Their faces are priceless.
This looks like the face of figuring out you get underwear for Christmas.
BUT this is real happiness! #gocubsgo
He is watching. It isn't creepy at.all.
These faces. I can't even. He is just hilarious.
My favorite is when they open their gifts from each other. They have the same budget and have to pick out something they think the other will love. They are old enough now to discuss so I think they feed things to each other before we take them shopping. I still think it is adorable.
I mean, look at those faces!
I don't even know. I have zero recollection of this.
As soon as we get there, Chaz and Gaga bake cookies. He loves this tradition. 
We really just hang out and play on Christmas Eve. We get to enjoy the boys, my brother and Lisa and Gaga and Papa. It is so much fun!
The bomb game. So fun. Think Mission Impossible. 
And standing on Uncle Shame, also so much fun!
Gaga gets to open a gift as it is a new family ornament for her tree.
The ONLY gift they get to open that evening is their pjs and movie. It is tradition.
I love these two faces SO much!!
This is my parent's tree that is decorated on Christmas Eve with all of our ornaments from previous years. It is so much fun!
Yep, cuteness.
These are my people!
The most famous ornament in our family. The "Santa shit" as it is known now. Originally, my brother made it when he was little and told my parents it was Santa but over the years we have admitted it looks like poo. Hilarious.
I loves them.
After a little more relaxation it is time to retire for the night. This makes my heart happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment