Saturday, May 21, 2016

When your best friends move away // 2016

Ugh. Really Ugh.

It really took me some time to come to grips with the fact that our best friends were moving to Chicago. Seriously, it was rough. Now don't get me wrong, we were VERY happy for them and this awesome opportunity but selfishly we didn't want them to leave. We have know the Lanes since before they were married. The circumstances around meeting each of them are funny, even to this day. We were probably one of the first people to visit after each of their boys were born. We have never missed a bday party. I am pretty sure we have never missed a time to even hang out with these peeps. Somehow we have just always made it work. D and I certainly have bonded even more over being boymoms. We just adore this sweet little family who mirrors our in so many ways! But cheers to Chicago because you know we aren't letting you forget us-- we will be to visit MANY times!!

But what do you do when you are sad about them moving, throw a party. Duh!

We set up the blow up and invited some people to the house to throw down.... well as much as you can with tiny little munchkins at your ankles!
Sweet Grady, please don't grow up too fast!
Cheeeeeese.
And classic Grady.
Seriously, can you just leave him with me?!?!?!
Dane was pumped just to have little people in his yard! And what is better than sunshine and water slides?!?!
So.much.fun
I love this! Forever BFFs.
And these two. Chaz and Grady have such a special bond. They really have since the beginning!
Sprinklers make it extra fun!!
This looks like trouble!!
This kid. Always a ham.
Done with the water, ready for some bubbles.
Sweet little Race. I love to see my friends with their cute kiddos. Such a bonus that Paul could bring his little dude.
And I'm pretty sure Chaz held him the entire time he was there. Yes, he put a shoe on his head.
He just loves babies!

And in all of that, I didn't even get a picture of me and D, Mike and D, Ryan and Mike or a combo of all of us. Pretty typical. I am pretty sure the last picture we have of the four of us is before we had children. Now it is all about the kiddos. I am really going to miss this crew. Thank goodness for technology that they will never really be that far away...... and we do love the Cubs so there is always that!

No comments:

Post a Comment