Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Girls weekend!!!

I can't remember the last time I have had a girl's weekend... Oh wait, I haven't since I have had kiddos. Well, the boys went to a football game in the Fall which lead to a girl's weekend (or one overnight) in the Spring! Unfortunately, not everybody could join but we certainly got a great crew who were able to go. I love my tribe.....especially when we start off with this kind of lunch! BONUS!
One of my goals was to buy one of these. I mean, what is a girl's weekend without a selfie stick. Purchased ASAP!
And this was my first photo taken with said stick. Mercy, I really hope I get better!!
A little better...
After some shopping we decided to chill and have some more drinks. Why the heck not, there were no kids or husbands to care for!!!!
That evening we decided to head out on the town for some good food and drinks! Selfie stick is a learning process...
Well, at least everyone is in focus in this one!
Little Insta filter and it is definitely a keeper!
Oh and we met some pirates. You know, normal night in Tulsa. Meaghan was suppose to be in this picture but unfortunately we only got her forehead. Again, the stick is a learning process!
 
 Another try at dinner. Not the best but not horrible. Love these girls!
Meaghan has quickly become one of my best friends. I love this chick. She is awesome. She is grounded. She is nutty. She is solid. Loves her!
And my Misti. She will give you a toothache, she is sooooooooooo sweet. A heart of gold and a friend until the end. She is amazing!!
This one was taken for a few reasons 1) the look on Steph and Katie's faces. AH-mazing. They are basically telling this guy, with their eyes, that he is a tool because he was an absolute hot mess!!! 2) This place had no Budlight. WHAT?!?! Saturday night and you are out? I cannot compute. 3) Tried to order Michelob Ultra... "Ummm, it isn't cold"  What?!?! What kind of establishment are you running around here?!?! 4) Food was good. That was a bonus because I was staaaaarrrrrrvvvvvvvviiiiiinng!!
We asked a few people where we should go and got a few suggestions. Unfortunately, a lost gaggle of lovely ladies walking around Tulsa was not what we were going for. We passed a few very shady dive bars and unfortunately, we made eye contact at the last one. We were committed. We couldn't run. We couldn't look away. We don't get out much. We took the dive.

We ordered a few pitchers of beer thinking it would be a a good starting amount for our group. The place was advertising "Pitcher Night" so we figured a few pictures and pint glasses would be a good start. They looks at us like we were a little off when we asked for glasses but we just shrugged it off as being the "sophisticated" ones at this establishment. HAHA, joke was on us! This is what we got... mini pitchers. We could not stop laughing. After the odd dinner experience, it was like the gods were against us. These mommas just wanted to have a good time.
A few of the mommas decided to call it an early night because they were either tired, had to leave early in the morning or not feeling so well BUT there were three of us who decided to live it up-- Jen, April and myself. Bring it on!!
We had.a.blast. AND we were slowly mastering the selfie stick!!! Yes, I brought the selfie stick to the bar. I don't know these people so why do I care? We were heart set on having fun!
We made some friends. I am fairly certain we were the oldest people in the bar. I guess we can still hang with college peeps.
Not sure why my mouth is open in every picture. I guess that is "I am having fun" face.
Random dudes wanted to borrow the selfie stick. They didn't think it was as hard as we were leading on... Go ahead, try it. They did pretty good!
Oh wait, the entire bar wants in?? Ok, let's do it!
And once we got back to the hotel, we found this awesome couch and decided to get a few more shots for the memories. #mommasgonecrazy  #selfiestickfails
You just have to giggle. They are THAT good!!
Wait! It is IN focus! WHAT?!?! Oh yeah, and the later it gets, the bigger my smile gets, it could totally overtake my face. Wowza!

If you can't look good after a night out, you can at least find the silly!
And one of my favorite pictures ever! I love these girls!! L.O.V.E!!!
We MUST, MUST, MUST do this again!!! This was such a fun weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment