Sunday, August 17, 2014

Red Balloons // 2014

Nine years. Wow. I can't believe it has been nine years. We do this every year. We release balloons to honor my Papa. Although he is no longer on this earth, I believe he is with us everyday. I believe a little bit of him is in my boys. Chaz is witty, just like him. Dane is a total spitfire, just like him. They make me smile everyday and knowing he is smiling down on them is such a blessing.
As usual, the entire family gathers for the balloon release. The red is significant as he was a huge supporter of the troops and always, I mean ALWAYS, wore red on Fridays. He married a redhead. He has two redheaded daughters and a few grandkiddos with red. His beloved truck was red. Red is very appropriate for him.
My sweet Meme always says a few words remembering her love. I love that she is surrounded with the family that they ultimately created. All of us are here because their love. They were married for 60 years, amazing!!
Where is the baby? Goofball!
And they are off! I am always able to make out a "V" in the balloons.. Virgil was his name. Love.
We watch them until you can't see them anymore. It is such a wonderful and peaceful thing. We miss you, Old Fart! Go Cubbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment