Sunday, February 17, 2013

Thirty Five

Well folks, I made it another year. I guess I should be happy and embrace the fact that I still get carded to buy a beer. As my Daddy says, the alternative is worse. HA!

So yes, I am happy I 'made it another year.' I am so blessed to have this amazing family, awesome friends and fabluous memories of my last 35 years--or I guess roughly 30 years as that is as far back as I can remember.

For my birthday we went to dinner with a bunch of friends and family. Then we came back to our house and hung out. It was a wonderful time! These are the only pictures I have from dinner. Me and the hubs and me and my cousin. Love them both! There are no pictures from the after party --THANK GOD! Let's just say we don't always act old and may have climbed furniture and did the Harlem Shake. Good times!
 A much calmer day followed with cake and presents with my fam. This makes me happy!!
This is really my birthday "cake" as I LOVE these cookies. MMMMMMM!
These people made it the best birthday ever! I heart them with every part of me! We celebrated one evening with my parents. It was a good time!
The next day we celebrated with the rest of the family but first, Dane and Gaga had to get in a game of Connect 4.
Chaz was pumped to see all the presents. The cool thing is I get to celebrate with more than just me! We group birthdays together in my family! I got to share it with my Uncle Gayle & Stephen. Good times!!
Crazy baby circus tricks.
We go in order so Uncle Gayle was first. 
 Dane was super helpful with the presents. Actually, now that I think about it, I think he was taking them away from Gayle. Hmmmmmmm.
 I was next. I got to blow out the candle on my "cake." They decided to put a muffin in the middle of the tray in order to hold the candle. Smart thinking by the Reds.
 I love that I had a little helper!
 And this one wanted to show his momma some birthday love.
My aunt made me a BUNCH of scarves and Chaz decided to model them. This is just one of them and the picture doesn't do it justice. They are beautiful! If you would like to purchase one, let me know! (Yes, that was a shameless plug but my Aunt is awesome and so are her scarves)
 This shirt really sums up my life in 6 words. 
 Gaga put the baby in the box. More silly baby circus tricks.
 Next up, Stephen! He got a muffin for his candle too! 
 Next thing we knew we had some sleepy heads. O.U.T
What a wonderful birthday! Nobody really likes getting older but it is humbling and wonderful to see how loved and blessed I am. I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for, a house full of boys who love and drive me batty all at the same time and more laughter surrounding me than I could have ever imagined. I love my life. It isn't perfect, it isn't always easy but I truly believe God will never give me more than I can handle. He has tested me a few times over the years but I am still here! I am so thankful for all I have! Here is to another 35++++years!  

No comments:

Post a Comment