Friday, October 7, 2011

To the big brother Chaz

To my sweet boy,

    I wanted to write something just to you. I want you to know how much you are loved. At one point I thought I could never have enough room in my heart to add another kiddo to this family. But then I realized I would be cheating you. Life is so much more exciting with siblings. You will make an excellent big brother. You are already so good with your cousins and friends, I am just beside myself with excitement to see how you are with Dane.

You are such a smart, kind and adorable little boy. I honestly could not have asked for a better first born. That is something you will always be, our first. Our first pregnancy. Our first little boy. Our first rodeo, as they say. There will never be another you. There is only one Chaz.

I know you are going to do wonderful things as you grow older. You are smarter than any four year-old I have ever known. I know you will just continue on this path to greatness. You are a strong willed, independent and incredible little man.

Your life is about to change with the addition of a little brother into our family but know that Mommy and Daddy love you very much. You are not being replaced but simply added to. We have enough love for you and your brother. There will be times where I need to give time to your brother but you know as soon as I can I will partake in our favorite activities --Memory, coloring and puzzles. I will make time for just you and me! That is my number one promise to you.

Now you have to make a promise to me-- You have to promise to always take care of your little brother. He is new and he won't know a lot, so I need you to teach him everything you know. He is your little brother to protect and defend. I know there will be times when you will fight and argue (don't worry, that is normal) but remember, he is your blood. He is the one who will always be here for you.

I also want to congratulate you on being a big brother. You will be great at it!!


I love you to the moon and back! (or the moon and Queens, as you tell me)

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment